Cruise Control Fault - MeganeSport.net
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise Control Fault

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Orange Megane 225

Been out to see I can see the 2nd clutch switch the green one for starting which closes the switch when the pedal is depressed.

Then the blue one further up seems in tact but under normal operation of the pedal it doesn't seem to touch the second switch when the pedal is released but you can push it back up to the switch with your finger

Does anything here sound out of place I could see if the pedal isn't raising completely and touching the 2nd switch the CC ECU thinking the pedal is depressed so not allowing CC to be engaged

Car
      meg 250

you do know you have to be driving to set the cruise control?

Car
      Orange Megane 225

Yes of course, it doesn't work while driving but also it's pretty tricky to look up at the pedal whilst driving

Car
      meg 250

try taping up the second switch then try seting it on a drive?

Car
      Orange Megane 225

FIXED: The very top of the pedal has a slight tight spot which stops it coming up and closing the 2nd switch so on a drive i gently hooked the clutch pedal back up and cruise control worked fine so im going to free of the tight spots in the pivot points on the clutch pedal

Car
      megane sport trophy

hi i have a renault megane sport trophy my air bag light has came on and i got codes saying drives side air bags circuits 1 and 2 but my cruise control and speedlimiter both dont work im stuck with ideas on what todo i check wiring under seat incase i caught a cable but all seems fine ? can anyone help me please ?!

Car
      2007 Convertible 2.0 blk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys C View Post
      hi i have a renault megane sport trophy my air bag light has came on and i got codes saying drives side air bags circuits 1 and 2 but my cruise control and speedlimiter both dont work im stuck with ideas on what todo i check wiring under seat incase i caught a cable but all seems fine ? can anyone help me please ?!
      Hi Rhys. I know this happened to you a long time ago now but my Megane has recently developed the same mysterious problems - cruise control buttons not working + drivers airbag fault codes 1&2 (+ a bit of clicking when I turn the steering wheel at slow speeds). I suspect it needs replacement of the clock-spring/airbag-squib but it would be really helpful to know how you fixed yours. Did you resolve what it was? ...Or can anyone else on here help? Many thanks Andy

Great information shared. . . .

Cheers !!!!

Thanks for sharing the information...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information