Megane Sport Forum banner

Cruise Control Fault

12K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  RobertSteller 
#1 ·
I have tried the search i couldnt find anything with the same problem, a week after i bought my car the airbag light came on it was the clock spring the cruise control nor the speed limiter were working, changed it this weekend, now i have my speed limiter but still dont have the CC.

I have no error messages being displayed, the clutch pedal switch was broken when i got it, but was fixed and now starts with the clutch fine.

Any ideas on where to start?

Cheers
Callum

#3 ·
Yeah, when i first got the car (just before the airbag light came on) i tried the cruise control and it didnt work but the speed limiter did work, i thought i had a fault with the CC however once the airbag light came on and i did some research and read that i can cause problems with CC and speed limiter i put it down to the clock spring

but as said the clock spring/rotary switch has been changed but still no CC

#5 ·
no i flick it onto CC and it shoes "Cruise Control --- MPH" but no matter what button i press on the steering wheel nothing happens then i switch it onto speed limiter that works perfectly find.

Been doing abit of digging around on a few other forums people have had the same problem but have not been able to pin point a fault alot of people say the clutch/brake switch but both of mine are intact as i can start the car with either, someone said they changed the reverse light switch and that fixed it but my reverse lights work fine and some say both brake lights blew they replaced them and the CC started working again

EDIT: i would have thought yours could be a fault with the actual CC/SL switch does it stay flicked onto either one or does it pop back to the central position?

#11 ·
Been out to see I can see the 2nd clutch switch the green one for starting which closes the switch when the pedal is depressed.

Then the blue one further up seems in tact but under normal operation of the pedal it doesn't seem to touch the second switch when the pedal is released but you can push it back up to the switch with your finger

Does anything here sound out of place I could see if the pedal isn't raising completely and touching the 2nd switch the CC ECU thinking the pedal is depressed so not allowing CC to be engaged

#15 ·
FIXED: The very top of the pedal has a slight tight spot which stops it coming up and closing the 2nd switch so on a drive i gently hooked the clutch pedal back up and cruise control worked fine so im going to free of the tight spots in the pivot points on the clutch pedal

#16 ·
hi i have a renault megane sport trophy my air bag light has came on and i got codes saying drives side air bags circuits 1 and 2 but my cruise control and speedlimiter both dont work im stuck with ideas on what todo i check wiring under seat incase i caught a cable but all seems fine ? can anyone help me please ?!

#17 ·
Hi Rhys. I know this happened to you a long time ago now but my Megane has recently developed the same mysterious problems - cruise control buttons not working + drivers airbag fault codes 1&2 (+ a bit of clicking when I turn the steering wheel at slow speeds). I suspect it needs replacement of the clock-spring/airbag-squib but it would be really helpful to know how you fixed yours. Did you resolve what it was? ...Or can anyone else on here help? Many thanks Andy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.