Sports cat - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sports cat

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Megane RS250 Cup Trophee

Yeah the stock cat is incredibly restrictive at 600cell, also the diameter of the downpipe is around 50mm which is much smaller than the rest of the exhaust. Lots of power to be gained by fixing these two issues.

I bought a decat full supersprint exhaust with the centre muffler deleted. I put a HJS 100cell cat where the centre muffler would have been. It sounds amazing and there was a noticeable increase to the power. That being said its much easier to get away with running a 100cell cat in Australia.

Car
      265 Trophy / 225 Lux

Cats must be in OEM location on the system to pass MOTs. All those sport cats are much further down the pipe?

Car
      R26-RS

Quote Originally Posted by ben_r1 View Post
      Cats must be in OEM location on the system to pass MOTs. All those sport cats are much further down the pipe?
      Since when? The MOT states if a cat is present at time of manufacture there needs to be one at MOT. Im pretty sure it dont state that it has to be in the OE location!

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      265 Trophy / 225 Lux

I'm afraid so, its a recent change in rules but has been well documented on other forums, research it up a bit you will see plenty on the topic online.

I can't confirm this but apparently they are even supplied with a diagram o each vehicle on their computers of the exhaust lay out to cofirm conformity.

Car
      RS300+ Cup

If your tester fails it on that then you really need to take it somewhere else who doesnt have a **** of a tester IMO

Car
      265 Trophy / 225 Lux

Agreed totally, most of my local testers will pass a car without any cat, but just worth noting that rule is out there.

Car
      Megane RS250

Sorry to Bring this back alive... I'm considering either a sports cat or Decat on my 250. Whats going to be the easier / hassle free option in regards to MOT time and also power. i've always had sports cats in the past, but after hearing my mates Mini JCW tonight with a decat... i want a decat haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information