BMW 330d - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BMW 330d

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Black R300 + FQ340.

Default BMW 330d

Anyone had experiance with them?

Kinda getting fed up of the French living up to the reputation and have been looking at alot of different cars lately. Scoobys, sport wagon impreza's, diesel golfs, even a tuned forester or legacy! This week it's the above

A map seems to give good returns and with the economy of diesel and more fun being rwd. OK I'm not expecting it to be as sharp as the R26's handling but there's bound to be some negative but I can't exactly drive the R26 hard ATM with the handling issues so doubt I'll even notice the difference!

Any thoughts, especially on mapped ones?

Car
      LY 265FF

Im gona throw the 'my friend has one' card. He doesnt really drive it hard but its got a nice poke, 5 door i think, with m sport pack.

Ride is fantastic as is the lack of road noise.

Just think how much they cost to fix though, cost of servicing, tyres e.t.c

Car
      Bmw 130i

There a good motor if you can live with an auto the 335d or 535d is a cracker depending on budget

sent from my galaxy s3

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      RS265+Cup pack

Mapped ones are seriously rapid, an old work mate had one (535d) and the acceleration was absolutely unreal - I'd look into the running costs though before jumping, tyres are mega expensive from what he told me, don't know what servicing and general maintenance is like but being German I can't imagine them being that cheap, especially the 535d - I'd still have one though

Car
      Black R300 + FQ340.

Yeah I was looking at the 335d but it's out of my price range really. They make awesome power mapped!

I didn't realise they were 255 on the rear. Saying that conti 5's are about £150-160 so no more than I pay for 5p's now realy. I haven't really looked into maintenance etc. I do most of the servicing myself on the R26 and would hope to on the next car.

What's your 130i like Johnno? I was having a quick look at those on ebay earlier too. As you can tell, I'm not really convinced on anything inparticular yet.

Car
      RStuning Stage II R26

A nice 320d will most probably do the trick.get the Alpina or tune it a little to give it 215 + hp and loads of torque,and you have a nice economical fun RWD car.
      I have entertained the thought of getting the Alpina 320D estate myself.very nice looking,practical family car.

Car
      Megane 250 CUP

Alpina D3 as stated above, not so powerfull (but not slow) as a 330d but much much unique

Car
      Black R300 + FQ340.

Quote Originally Posted by jaybyme View Post
      ....very nice looking,practical family car.
      That's the thing tho Jay, I'm 23, still live at home, no kids or wife so I don't need a practical, economical car but I'm still strangely drawn to a fastish dirty diesel and I don't know why! Maybe because I really don't know what else I would replace the meg with so considering all options. I think a sleeper would be fun too compared to my shouty shouty Meg.

TBH I don't know If 215bhp would be enough by todays standards. I don't want to take much of a step down from my 300/300 meg really - hence looking at mapped 330's which will be circa 280bhp with bags of torque. I saw an old post by Paul yesterday and he had one on the rollers for mapping at it made over 300bhp! I'm not sure what mods it had but that's pretty sweet for a diesel and would suprise alot of cars I'm sure.

What are the cars like in terms of life span? Going from my meg with 35k on to potentially a car with 70k+ miles doesn't seem a wise move. Alot seem to be high milage in my price range to with 100k+ being the norm. I've never owned a diesel before and know nothing about them. Is that sort a milage a worry for the engine or any other parts?

By the way I'm not set on this car. Any other suggestions to look at will be greatly appreciated. Must be reasonably powerfull or map well. Looking about £10k but flexible, however would rather spend less of course.

Car
      Megane 250 cup

Get an E46 M3, 10k will get you a decent one.

Car
      sold :'( Porker hunting

A diesel is never going to sound that exciting, agree that they tend to have plenty of torque and go fairly well. Diesel lumps are pretty heavy compared to most petrol ones which will slightly blunt the handling.

At £10k for some interesting stuff:
      Porsche Boxster S (986), sweet handling 250-260 bhp, exhaust sports cats, intake and map should see 280bhp ish and well under budget.
      Porsche 996, 300bhp, lovely engaging drive.
      E46 M3 as above
      Lotus elise (s1) - should get you into a 160bhp car at the top of budget, which will feel fairly rapid given they weigh 750kg.
      VX220 turbo - this looks rapid http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-4-fsh/1342530
      R34 Skyline
      TVR chimaera
      Westfield / Caterham - might be pushing it for a nice R300 spec Caterham but they will make most things feel slow, heavy and fat in comparison.

Surely something in the list must be more exciting than a diesel bmw as a toy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information