a tale of prejudice - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a tale of prejudice

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Clio 200 EDC LUX + CUP

I agree with Naith with going toe to toe. If you're 100% legal, no drink or drugs consumed then the copper has naff all to report you for. I see where mustdash is coming from but if you've not done anything wrong, no court in the world will prosecute you. Did he see you pull the handbrake? Is the slide on the in-car video? No to both so no case to answer.
      Take a look at Traffic Cop's / Police Camera Action - there's uninsured, no licence, drug carrying drivers on there that more often than not, get away with a slap on the wrist and sometimes, the case kicked out all together. That's what winds up the Cop's, because of this, innocent joe blogs like you will get the brunt of that aggression.
      I have no time for Police, sorry to those on here that are 'good' coppers, most I've come across love the uniform and the fear that it can instill on others.

Car
      RB .R

Quote Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
      I agree with Naith with going toe to toe. If you're 100% legal, no drink or drugs consumed then the copper has naff all to report you for. I see where mustdash is coming from but if you've not done anything wrong, no court in the world will prosecute you. Did he see you pull the handbrake? Is the slide on the in-car video? No to both so no case to answer.
      Take a look at Traffic Cop's / Police Camera Action - there's uninsured, no licence, drug carrying drivers on there that more often than not, get away with a slap on the wrist and sometimes, the case kicked out all together. That's what winds up the Cop's, because of this, innocent joe blogs like you will get the brunt of that aggression.
      I have no time for Police, sorry to those on here that are 'good' coppers, most I've come across love the uniform and the fear that it can instill on others.
      this is exactly how i was left feeling.
      I didnt take numbers, this would have surely excalated the situation further and had i not pulled over Id have been really on edge till I heard in the post what the next step was.
      As someone who I would say is a honest person, goes out of my way at work to make a difference for others and change peoples lives, I feel this is an absolute outrage.
      I know some people Ive met on forums and meets are police officers, but after this I have no respect at all. I fear a complaint would only make things worse from here and possibly lead to further victimisation.

Car
      R26.R No 26

Some traffic cops are good lads, some are up their own ar$e's. Just put it down to one of life's experiences and don't let it niggle away at you kidda

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Megane RS 225 ™

Some would say don't stereotype all cops because of a bad few, like this idiot who's badge has made him perfect!

But hasn't the OP been unfairly stereotyped, because of age, by a copper who should be someone showing an unbiased judgement?

Coppers are the worst of all for using stereotypes, this is a perfect example, so I'm not going to feel bad about how I view the Police Constabulary.

Car
      265 Trophy & Clio 200

This is West Yorkshires finest filth down to a tea.

They pulled you a second time as they know they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Shame you didn't get you day in court to make them look like the mongs they are.

Could have had compo off them too for stress etc with today's where there's a blame culture.

Car
      Now: LY R26. Then:225 5dr

A few years ago I was driving to work one morning, it was fairly foggy and I was on a dead straight dual carriageway doing on and just under the 50mph limit. A car came up behind me and proceeded to tailgate me for a couple of miles, I tried slowing down to get him to pass and he didn't, so tried speeding up to open a bit of a gap and he just stuck behind me.

As we came to a stop at a roundabout I saw it was a police car, and as I exited he roundabout he pulled me over. He said I'd been speeding, the only time I went over he limit was when the knobhead was tailgating me, he then let me go with a telling off.

When I got to work one of my workmates had been behind us the whole time and said the police car was so close to me he kept having to brake. I've never worked out why he 1) tailgated me, as 2) If he was being a knob then why not do me for speeding instead of letting me off?

I also got done for a miss spaced number plate on the M1 (different car to above). Fair enough it was, but I'd done over 20k miles in the car without ever being stopped before, and the copper that stopped me was the most patronising person I've ever met and gave me a ticket straight away.

I'm sure some are great guys, unfortunately for me the two times I've been stopped in 13 years of driving weren't by those!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information