Megane Sport Forum banner

Insurance NCB question

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  trismotteram 
#1 ·
Just wanting to know while im waiting on getting a reply from my insurance company. i have my R26 insured with 1 years NCB. i have just earned another years NCB from a different car. can i put this extra year on my R26 half way through its policy duration? or will i have to wait until renewal time?

before people start asking, the other car i have earned the new NCB year from is getting scrapped soon.

#6 ·
Yes you can have 2 seperate policies both earning a NCB. I have done this for a number of years. You can even have them on a multicar, so I have had my wife's, my daughters and both my cars on Admiral and Elephant all earning seperate NCB. My daughter does not even live at the same address but still qualifies for multicar discount. I have then taken both my policies to seperate companies. One has a claim against it the other does not. One has 20 years the other has 15. Hope that helps

#8 ·
I think wires are getting crossed. If I understand correctly the OP is asking if he can add 2 seperate NCBs, each of one year, together to make one NCB of 2 years. The answer would be no - however you now have 2 lots of NCB, so you can have a second car with a bonus applied to that policy too.
Some people think that if you have NCB you can apply that to a second car, you can't; one policy, one bonus, two policies, two bonuses (that do not add together) and so on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.