Keyless - MeganeSport.net
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keyless

Share/Bookmark

Default Keyless

Hi,

Had always thought it was strange that my car wasn't keyless but after a trip to mark black tonight he confirmed it should be. Now it's not just the handles that don't work, it's also the ignition.

Has anyone else had this? Could it have been 'turned off'?

Cheers

Car
      Megane 225

Do you definitely have the sensors under the handles? Maybe it could be that the battery in the keys are running low and the sensor can't pick them up? Perhaps try holding the keys right up to the handle and then put your hand in. Mine have sometimes refused to work if I have them in the pocket of a thick coat etc haha.

Yeah have the sensors and can hold the key in my hand and nothing. I have to put the key in the slot to start it too else it says card not detected

Car
      Megane 225

Hmm that is very odd. It could not be keyless start though as my mum's Mk3 (none RS) is keyless entry but not keyless start if I recall.

Car
      Megane R26 F1

My car also has keyless entry everything works but just not the buttons on the handles that lock doors? Also would like some suggestions :-)

Car
      meg 250

common problem with the door handle buttons not working, replacement handle buttons can be get from renault. i do recall watching a renault technician on renault tv diagnose a keyless problem on a car, and it was traced to a unplugged connector under the scuttle panel passager side, it wasnt a megane, but it may be similar

Car
      Megane R26 F1

Ok thanks will have to look into how much buttons are and if it a job I can do myself but might call garage I got car from and see if they can sort it

Car
      Megane r26 f1 230

i had a similar problem when i first bought the car and keyless entry wouldnt work, i had faulty sensor on handles but the boot button worked fine to lock the car had sensors changed and no problem sinse... touch wood

Car
      Megane R26 F1

Thanks my boot lock also work, auto unlocking when I go to open doors also works just the locking button

Car
      Megane r26 f1 230

Quote Originally Posted by CoombesR26 View Post
      Thanks my boot lock also work, auto unlocking when I go to open doors also works just the locking button
      yeah its just the sensor im sure the sensors are only about £15 ( i may be wrong) but its the labour renauly charge on top thats the killer.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information