Xbox one or PS4? - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox one or PS4?

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Megane 225

I really don't know what to do about this.

I left PS3 when they got hacked and the network was down for a whole month!

IMO Xbox live is such a better experience but I reckon with the new gen consoles the experience will be very similar on both machines.

I want to stay with xbox BUT I don't believe they have much to offer. Yes you can plug in your satellite and watch tv through the Xbox and be more interactive i.e. playing games and watching tv and whatever else you can do. However, most of my gameplay is online. I can't be watching tv and answering Skype calls when playing. There is no pause in multiplayer! So on this I am not sold.

I couldn't give a toss if the Xbox requires me to be connected once a day. I am on unlimited broadband. It can connect and download patches until the cows come home and it wouldn't bother me.

What does bother me is that all the "exclusive" content was very US based and showed me nothing the UK has to benefit from this system.

The second hand games issue again doesn't bother me as I will only ever play Battlefield or COD and will buy from new.

The PS4 looks better, arguably has better spec and is much cheaper. I just said I would never trust Sony again after the hack.

Stuck between a rock and a hard place and tbh I am disappointed that it has taken them 8 years to get to this state. All I see is new tech in a console which is similar to an average gaming pc. I am wondering if they have really been working on the net gen "experience" because all I see is next gen tech!

For the time being I think I will keep hold of my money, continue to play bfbc2 on Xbox and wait until there are more user reviews available so that I can make an informed decision.

Car
      clio 172 cup

I dont think im gonna bother with either. Never been a fan of the playstation and the online only of the xbox puts me off that. Im going to stay with my 360.

Car
      RS265 cup

Think for me it comes down to the attitude of Sony that is winning me over, Games machine for a gamer.
      The Xbox doesn’t seem to offer me anything extra, no interested in Kinect, same with PS move. 2nd hand market doesn’t affect me that much but if I want to lend a game to a mate I expect to be able to do so.
      As a whole I find more appeal with consoles as the PCs still ‘appear’ to rely on this year’s graphics card too much. While the console won’t be the latest, it’s a fixed platform and developers seem to squeeze more out of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Megane 225

Quote Originally Posted by Spookyzeus View Post
      Think for me it comes down to the attitude of Sony that is winning me over, Games machine for a gamer.
      The Xbox doesn’t seem to offer me anything extra, no interested in Kinect, same with PS move. 2nd hand market doesn’t affect me that much but if I want to lend a game to a mate I expect to be able to do so.
      As a whole I find more appeal with consoles as the PCs still ‘appear’ to rely on this year’s graphics card too much. While the console won’t be the latest, it’s a fixed platform and developers seem to squeeze more out of them.
      It's the PS Eye now

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/c...rately-1158314

What's the crack with PC gaming? How often do you have to upgrade graphics cards etc? Do they not get supported with the next set of games? Seems a costly exercise if that's the case.

Car
      RS265 cup

Quote Originally Posted by meso100 View Post
      It's the PS Eye now

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/c...rately-1158314

What's the crack with PC gaming? How often do you have to upgrade graphics cards etc? Do they not get supported with the next set of games? Seems a costly exercise if that's the case.
      Truth be told i haven't used a PC to game on for years, gave up around the time of the 2nd gen Pentiums.
      The game developers got so lazy, basically whenever a new game came out you always need the next gen machine to play it on, it would run on last years but you always had to turn the bells whistles off. I get the impression that while you don’t need a new PC these days most games need the latest graphics cards to run at full spec, clearly I could completely wrong. I’m sure a PC gamer will correct me.

Car
      clio 172 cup

Looks like the online only part of the xbox 1 has been dropped.

Car
      Black r26

Ps4 for me much better for the gamer IMO already preordered the console and cod ghosts roll on release date.

Car
      R26 stage 2

going for the PS4.
      don't want the xbox scan my room and catch me sitting with my diiii on the couch :P

Car
      Megane 225

Quote Originally Posted by R26vantage View Post
      going for the PS4.
      don't want the xbox scan my room and catch me sitting with my diiii on the couch :P
      Funny that. I've just pre ordered the Xbox one for that actual reason! I'm a bit wrong like that :D

Car
      Meg R26 White/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Mickym_r26 View Post
      Ps4 for me much better for the gamer IMO already preordered the console and cod ghosts roll on release date.
      Not bf4... that looks epic!!

Sent from nevernever land using Pandoras Box

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information