Xbox one or PS4? - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xbox one or PS4?

Share/Bookmark

Car
      RS 250 FF + Cup + Recaro

Quote Originally Posted by R26vantage View Post
      going for the PS4.
      don't want the xbox scan my room and catch me sitting with my diiii on the couch :P
      Don't think the camera is that high a resolution!

Car
      Megane RS250

When it comes to deciding which one to buy then there should only be one question everyone is asking. "Which console are my friends buying" and then walk out the door and go buy the same.

For this reason ill be getting the Xbox.

The hardware inside both machines are pretty similar (it wouldn't suprise me if this was decided between the two before hand)

There are a few things however that Xbox are doing that would make me want to buy their product even if I had no friends

1) Including a Kinect in the price... To some this might seem like a wasted addition, but now because EVERYONE who owns an xbox will have one, it will make developers want to include this into their games. Not in the gimicky ways you see now (jumping up and down) but used to pick up eye movements. I've seen a couple of demo's of what the kinect can actually do if developed correctly and its mind blowing.

2) Paying for XboxLive... Ok this might seem to some like i've lost my mind when i say i'd rather pay than have it for free but bare with me, because im paying a fee every so many months, i know for sure that Microsoft are doing everything they can to get that product right and make it as available as possible. If for example Xbox Live went down for a week, i'd be able to get some of my fee back, because of this downtime on Xbox Live is small. Do you think the downtime on PSOnline would have been so long if they were having to pay millions of dollars back to their players?

Truth be told i haven't used a PC to game on for years, gave up around the time of the 2nd gen Pentiums.
      The game developers got so lazy, basically whenever a new game came out you always need the next gen machine to play it on, it would run on last years but you always had to turn the bells whistles off. I get the impression that while you don’t need a new PC these days most games need the latest graphics cards to run at full spec, clearly I could completely wrong. I’m sure a PC gamer will correct me.
      Im mainly a PC gamer and the graphics card issue you speak of isn't anywhere near as bad as it was a few years ago. The development of parts isn't as quick as it used to be so your cards last alot longer before they can't cope with the new games.

For example i had my PC built about 4 years ago, when i paid for it, it was a mid-high spec machine, in those four years i haven't updated my card and it will still run the majority of games at full settings.

Don't let the fact you sometimes have to turn the settings down put you off. Because the hardware of the consoles always stay the same, the developers of the games are turning the settings down for you because the hardware in them can't handle max graphics either. You just don't see them doing it

Car
      RS265 cup

Nice to hear PCs aren't as bad as they use to be!

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      RS265 cup

Good news for the Xbox I see Microsoft have announced a U turn with regards to being online and 2nd hand games.
      Well done Sony.

Car
      R26 stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by redbox View Post
      Don't think the camera is that high a resolution!
      I've heard they are capable of scanning down to 1inch. so, enough for me :P

Car
      Megane RS250

Quote Originally Posted by Spookyzeus View Post
      Good news for the Xbox I see Microsoft have announced a U turn with regards to being online and 2nd hand games.
      Well done Sony.
      Im kind of sad that they backed down with this. Unfortunatly the vocal minority focused in on this 2nd hand games rubbish. The long term vision of microsoft was to bring console gaming inline with PCs and get rid of digital media completely, you wouldnt own any discs and instead download everything like you do with Steam on your PC.

Like you do with steam you can login anywhere and get access to the games you own.

Car
      Black meg 225

Don't want to sound greedy but I'm going to get both. I've always been a Xbox fan but I'm to try out the playstation 4 this time and see what it's all about.

Car
      Meg R26 White/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Steve312roberts View Post
      Don't want to sound greedy but I'm going to get both. I've always been a Xbox fan but I'm to try out the playstation 4 this time and see what it's all about.
      I envy you! Lol

sent from under the rock on mars

Car
      RS265 cup

Tell you what has ticked me off, the PS4 will NOT have Bluetooth support straight away, this will only work once sony address the issue with a patch.
      How long this takes nobody knows?
      Seems a tad strange though, my bluetooth headsets, sony and 3rd party will have to wait, so will my sony bluray remote!
      I hope they'll address it quickly but fail to understand why this would be sorted out of the box?

Car
      Renault Megane RS 225

I'll just stick with my gaming rig for a little bit longer.

I'll get the PS4 eventually though..... Exclusives!

Sent from my Xperia Z

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information