Megane Sport Forum banner

Mr Pink's 250 brake pins - interest?

20K views 72 replies 28 participants last post by  Supergurrier 
#1 · (Edited)
Mr Pink's 250 brake pins - Now Available!

The pins are now available!

Top pin - Mr Pinks
Bottom pin - standard new

I can now confirm these are available to buy from me, same price as the 225/ 230 & Clio 197/ pins.

They are also the same price (£41 if you send the money fees paid or £43 paid normally) for the 4 stainless pins, 4 R clips and first class recorded delivery.

Please pm me for payment details :smartass:

-------------------------
Some of you may know me from the 225/ 230 forum or Clio197.net

I had designed and produced pins for the Brembos in stainless steel which have been quite a hit:
http://www.meganesport.net/communit...unted-Brembo-brake-pad-sliders-pins-2-designs

They rule out the use of the collar, and instead use R clips which make it a simple, quick job to change pads.

I have been asked by a few members about producing these for the 250/ 265 so I am looking at how viable this is.

The price I am hoping to keep the same if I can as the 225 ones @ £41 inc recorded delivery for the 4 specially made stainless pins, and 4 R clips (so enough for both front calipers).

Could interested people please leave their names below :)

1. framerateuk PAID
2. sigmamark PAID
3. m1tch PAID
4. Jonny157 PAID
5. Jamie
6. Springer PAID
7. chris davidson PAID
8. Firepack PAID
9. Ryan 197 PAID
10. dne-rogers PAID
11. scerpico
12. Fastfishracing

Thanks,
Mr P

See less See more
#28 ·
Fingers crossed then, soon as I get the word back I'll let everyone know :) as I say hopefully early next week!

1. framerateuk
2. sigmamark
3. m1tch
4. Jonny157
5. Jamie
6. Springer
7. chris davidson
8. Firepack
9. Ryan 197
10. dne-rogers
11. scerpico
12. Fastfishracing
13. Sigmamark

#30 ·
Oops :laughing2:

Top pin - Mr Pinks
Bottom pin - standard new

I can now confirm these are available to buy from me, same price as the 225/ 230 & Clio 197/ pins.

They are also the same price (£41 if you send the money fees paid or £43 paid normally) for the 4 stainless pins, 4 R clips and first class recorded delivery.

Please pm me for payment details :smartass:

Thanks to dne for being the test mule :)

#44 ·
Yeah mate they're easy to fit and just as easy to remove so will be ideal for quick pad changes on Track days etc.

The main problem with the original pins is the collar that sits in the inside recess becomes corroded and basically makes it a bitch of a job to remove.

Ian's (Mr Pink's) pins do away with the need for the collar by using an r-clip to retain them.

He really has done a cracking job and I have to take my hat off to him for developing these in such a short time. Top quality too.

Hope you're old pins come out without too much drama!

Good luck.

#46 ·
It really depends on quite a few factors i.e. how hard have the brakes been punished (heat transfer), weather conditions, road salt etc.

I'm not saying don't have a go yourself, you may find that they come out easy. Mine were only changed about 8 months ago and were an absolute bitch but we did have quite a bad winter.

If you're gonna have a go then I would suggest getting a freeing agent (Plus-Gas or similar) soaked into the area where the collar sits and preferably leave it overnight to do its job.

Also make sure you have a decent punch and hammer.

Finally get some Capsicum Red touch up paint as I guarantee you will hit the caliper and chip the paint!

Dave

#50 ·
Haha,
Nice one Jonny!

Royal Mail must have been slacking again.

Glad the rest of them have turned up fine Dave :)

I took mine to a Renault place to get the old pins out on my first 175 after spending a week of soaking the pins 3 times a day and hammering the crap out of them :(
Only charged £15 inc changing the pads, shame your not local as its not worth trying yourself at that price :D

#52 ·
Guys just to let you know that I'm moving house so everything is packed. I'm putting things on pause for a week or two until everything is sorted out :)

You are welcome to order still, but please note it may be 7-14 days before I manage to get settled and post things out.

Mr P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.