Megane Sport Forum banner

Brake Caliper Painting

6K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  SIMON7929 
#1 ·
Hi, folks. I won't bore you with the details but over the last few weeks I've been trying to find a trustworthy establishment that I could trust with the simple task of changing my brake pads. My main worry was that the red calipers would be damaged when carrying out this process. Unfortunately despite making it perfectly clear to the mechanic my fears over the phone and again when dropping my car off he said there would be no problems. So I went to pick the car up today and what a mess. I'm not going to rant on about it anymore as it has really got my back up so much. I go out of my way to prevent this by choosing someone I thought I could trust and then this happens. I just give up! Anyway what I need now is a reliable person who can paint them,preferably in the North of England and do a professional job. Sorry for the rant guys, thanks, Simon.

#13 ·
Quite shocked that they did that Simon, when they serviced my old R26 they took them out to lubricate them so they'd come out easily next time, they said they do this when they service these cars because they know what a nightmare they can be to remove. Can't understand why they didn't just cut them and get some more pins from the local stealers

#17 ·
He said they couldn't get any aftermarket pins so had to use the ones they took out. I had the rear number plate lights done there earlier this year which have been fine. As I pulled into the garage the ' CHECK BRAKE FLUID ' message came on. I asked the man if he wouldn't mind checking the level for me. He did that but on arrival back at home, out of curiosity I lifted the hood to see the fluid lid sat on top of the engine cover. So not the first time they have got it wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.