Megane Sport Forum banner

Disappointed with rollers.

9K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  bengunn 
#1 ·
From the start then, r26 brought with 23000m on the clock rr'd a srr made 226.9bhp and about 230lb/ft. Fitted milltek de-cat, airbox mod and ktr intercooler, took to ktr for re-map, made "apparently" 246bhp before re-map and 274bhp and 325lb/ft after remap. Fitted itg kit after a few months, feels just as quick but tidy's up the bay a little. Just been back to srr and made 260.5bhp and 280lb/ft. I was hoping for close to 270 and 300lb/ft which with these mods I don't think is unreasonable. Granted ktr ran open bonet and srr didn't but results still disappoint. Im going to give full service change plugs and check all fixtures and fittings then maybe run again. Whats everyones opinion on these results? I will put up the graph when I get time. Cheers, ben.

#3 ·
Sounds spot on figures for stage 1

Ive ALWAYS said ktecs rollers over read esp with torque

Their STD clio 4 rs ran like 40lb over standard quoted torque and they gave me some spiel about that being the lowest figure renault quote not the peak.

I wouldnt be bothered just look at the difference between your std and mapped figures on SRR

#5 ·
You'll always get slightly different results, especially flywheel estimations since they will use different formulas to compensate for transmission loss.
I think we in the U.K and Europe should adopt the American way of mostly focussing on power at the wheels as that is what is important (and accurate).

Then main thing is how does it feel over stock? If you're really happy with how it drives etc isn't that more important than numbers on a piece of paper? ;)

#6 ·
just to clarify im not so worried by the different readings from the different dyno's I expected that.The disappointment for me is the fact I have full milltek inc decat, larger ktec fmic, itg induction and a STAGE 2 remap for 33bhp. In my opinion it should be more considering the decat. I like how it drives apart from I think there is more to be had from top end torque. I'm considering heading up to rst to see paul, I think i'll be more confident in a remap from there and am I right in thinking he can map out the service light eml? Btw the increase in whp was 190whp to 219whp. and 191lb/ft to 238lb/ft

#22 ·
Yes RST map out the EML/service light. Not sure what boost is without checking but im sure somebody will be able to let you know what a std turbo can boost to. Just waiting on funds for helix clutch and 650cc injectors now so I can up the revs again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.