Megane Sport Forum banner

Dci remap advice

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Sync0r 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking into getting a dpf delete and remap sorted on my Rs 175 dci.
I can get a custom pipe to replace the dpf sorted locally.
My question is, how important is a K-tech or Rs Tuning map compared to the many alternative maps available elsewhere? I don't live near either (South Wales), and I can get a remap from several local places with almost identical claims and a LOT less money. How different can these maps be?

#2 ·
Thers no many company's that do remaps unless there is a bad write up then ull be fine a lot of folk goto rs tuning in Leeds bt that's a mega treck fr me as I'm in Scotland so I got so were near stirling to do myn car runs spot on totally changed the way the way it pulled ect

#4 ·
Rs tuning have a very good map for the 175. A lot of companies claim figures based on a generic map bought in from elsewhere. Rs tuning have developed their own map over the years & renaultsport are their speciality.
I know where I would go to get the best value for money & that is to Leeds. It may be a trek but it would be well worth it.
Lee

#11 ·
I'm gonna do map 1st

They don't do a pipe, they told me they blank off the original DPF'D ie they gut it/remove internals

He said there's talk of MOT regs changing so if its not there its a fail

He wasn't a big fan of the KTEC pipe.....more specifically how it joins the CAT

he also said they were trying to get a copy made up but with no joy yet

#15 ·
I can vouch for ktec, got mine done there a week ago, cost me 660 and that was with an additional half hour to remove dpf, so may cost you less. Got some very nice gains, 210 bhp and 353 lbs ft torque. I live in Coventry so took me 2 and half hours to get there, was worth it for the drive home :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.