Clio 10 plate - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: Clio 10 plate

Share/Bookmark

Car
      Meg 225 04 inferno

Default Clio 10 plate

My sister innlaw has hit a kerb or something ,so needed new tyres ; due to damage , but now she says the car feels like it's driving on ice , I don't know the full story of what or how , but any help or suggestions for a good gararge near lakeside Essex would be great , as soon as I find out more info I will post , thanks

Car
      2008 LY R26

Has it been tracked yet? Depending on how hard she's hit the tyre she could have bent/damaged any number of things in the suspension.

I'd start by getting it tracked, and get a mechanic to get under there and have a good look for damaged bushes or bent suspension components. A friend of mine swerved to avoid a bus pulling out and bent a damper body, snapped a wishbone and put a fist-sized hole in his tyre!! Abeit in a peugeot 306, but irrespective, the suspension components just aren't designed to stand up to heavy impacts like that....

EDIT: I'd also get the typre pressures checked.

Also, is the replacement tyre a) the same brand as the one on the same axle? and b) a good quality brand. And also do all her other tyres have good tread left? If she has a spanking new tyre on one axle and old ones on the other, braking and acceleration will feel pretty odd I'm sure!

Car
      Meg 225 04 inferno

Thanks for the help. I will try and find out more info out as soon as I can . Don't think they have same set up as 225 Meg's ,ie drop links & stabilizer bar etc , I may be wrong! As I had new hubs & links on my meg.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Ive heard bubble and kick in basildon are pretty sound mate, if not I would higly reccomend mark fish's garage but thats in harlow... if you could make it to him he will sort you out no trouble.

Hope this helps fella

Car
      Meg 225 04 inferno

Many thanks for the help,

Thread Information