17K views 51 replies 12 participants last post by  TomB92 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after having several Vauxhalls such as;
- 69bhp Corsa C at 17
- 150bhp Corsa C Sri 1.8 at 18
- 300bhp GSi at 19
- 420bhp Astra Bertone at 20

Miss this car. Even if I did end up breaking it for parts! :(

[video=youtube;i4hpMs3I1L0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4hpMs3I1L0&list=PLqOOYkceUAxEdqjaJ16wJLbwTh8YVzmYZ[/video]

I decided I fancied a change and had always liked the R26's, so for a couple months I had been looking at them all over the place.

I found a lovely example of one off of the forum which I bought back in June ish time...

Very clean car with just a map on it making somewhere around the 260bhp mark however no printouts to prove this!

However it wasn't long before I got the moddinhg bug again as I said I wasn't going to do anything to it. But I love the sound of the exhaust on these so I had the middlebox taken out at Powerspeed down in Ashford. Followed by some subtle Wind Deflectors.

This then sounded great so had plans to do more however, someone managed to crash infront of me and I didn't really have anywhere to go and kindly parked on a metal bollard avoiding the other car. Wasn't a great impact etc but due to damages underneath from bollard, the wrote it off.

The car has now been bought by someone and looks like it someone is attempting to mis-sell it on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151156506976?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The car had quite bad floor pan damage under the passenger seat hence why it mentions the passenger seat being 'slightly twisted'. Also the engine had been pushed back and their is panel gaps on the passenger side of the bonnet where it meets the wing. So i'd avoid that car if someone was looking for a cheap project or an easy restoration project.

I then was back on the search for a new Megane. I really wanted a White one... So after shopping around, I found the perfect one. :)

58 Plate
57k Miles
FSH
4x Brand new Pilot Sports
11 Months Tax
10 Months MOT
1 Owner from new, retired man who used it for a bit of fun here and there...

Here she is, very clean car however the wheels could do with a refurb (after winter job) and theres 2 scratches on drivers side. (will be gone once weather picks up again for a nice machine polish)

But other then that I was very happy with the new Megane... V2.0

I drove it home on the Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning I booked into Maidstone Exhausts and had the middle box which I removed from the Blue Megane put back on to give it some noise.

Half hour later, jobs a good'un

Somehow ended up @ a last minute TX Autosport in Harlow and rolled a healthy 247bhp... Which didn't make much sense to me as the car is completely standard. (as far as i'm aware)

Graph to follow...

After being very happy with this, seeing as everyone else seemed to be rolling majorly under their predicted figures, I went off to a friends Birthday and had to keep telling myself that I wasn't going to buy any more parts for it.

Well things escalated quickly and after talking to a very good friend who used to have the jobs of playing with my Vauxhall toys, he soon managed to get me a bargain for a Nortec 3'' Decat. But opted out of fitting it... Someone must of had spoiled the surprise of how much a fun job they are to fit!

Anyway that arrived the following week and the morning after we collected it, off I went to ar friends house to fit the Decat. Hours, Dominos pizza and several suicide attempts later we had a Megane back in one piece with a fully functional decat!

Love the sound of it! Wouldn't want it any louder as I think it would be a bit too loud in the car for my own liking. Then I ended up ordering a Forge Recirc and Actuator which I'm still waiting for...

Hope to have it all done by about April/May 2014 but in no great rush, still enjoying the car how it is. :)

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
#37 · (Edited)
Little update!

Car is still at Airtec, they're still waiting for the boost hoses to be made up and sent back to them so they can fit them to the car.

How the car looks atm:

Hopefully have it back before Xmas. Was hopefully going to go to RSTuning for my Stage 3 map with injectors supplied and fitted but Airtec don't think it'll be done by the 19th which is the only date RSTuning were available, so looks like I'm going to have to get it done in the new year which isn't what I wanted. :(

This is a promo intercooler, not the actual one, but they've also fitted the Air ram scoop which I think looks pretty cool.

Anyway, was browsing the forum and found a good deal on some Front brakes and pads. So tonight I went to collect them:

Solid discs with Mintex 1144 pads, both boxed and new.

And that's about it for now, looking forward to getting her back for a good clean and fit a few bits and bobs such as LED interior kit, Panel filter and a boost gauge.

The car seems to be making friends while it's away after Airtec sent me this! :):

#43 ·
Car has still run faultlessly since it was mapped at RSTuning who I can't recommend enough.

I'm thinking about restickering my R26.

I quite like the White Megane R26R appearance. However I was thinking of doing my wheels a similar red and replacing some of the R26 sticker pattern (white) with Red stickers. I'm not quite sure how easy this would be to do and was wondering if anyone could recommend/explain how easy/simple the task would be.

I don't really want to end up making my R26 an R26R rep but I do like the White/Red Colour co-ordination.

Not much more to update other then that. Took the Megane round Lydden Hill Race Circuit on Saturday and was really happy with how the car performed! That was it's first time on track and I thought she did really well, didn't miss a beat.

Done a couple things since I last posted in here such as White LED lighting kit which I'm really glad I did!

No real further engine mods planned although do have a list of things to do in the near future:

Fire extinguisher - Purchased
Fast Road Setup - Elite Essex
Strip rear of the car out
Purchase Shortshifter
Find suitable uprated rear pads
Purchase ATE Super blue fluid for when I put my new discs and Mintex 1144 pads on.
Machine Polish the car (once the weather gets a bit better)
Buy R26R Spoiler
Paint wheels
Re-sticker car (undecided yet)

And I think that is about it. Not in any real rush but I'm planning on booking a trip to the Nurburgring for the end of May. Although I will be going in my car and letting a friend drive as I will have just had surgery on my shoulder and will more than likely still be unable to drive. But it'll be a good trip for Meg v2.0. :)

#46 ·
I know someone stupid enough that'll do it.

Ring my mate Tom 07817587528. He done mine.

I agree with the above tip lol.

Think there's a guide on here but they're hard work!

Shortshifter bought.

Cold air feed and Shortshifter being fitted tomorrow night and dynoday saturday. :)

#50 ·
Rolled 271bhp at Surrey Rolling road and 281bhp when it was mapped at RSTuning. Close enough for me, probably take it to another one when there's a RR day going just to compare figures once again.t
Shortshifter has been fitted, feels 10x better to drive!

Ducting was too big so need to order a smaller size although may just leave it without the cold air feed now.

#52 ·
Quick update from a couple of weeks ago.

Shortshifter has been fitted and has transformed the drive of the car, feels so much more natural with the shortshifter fitted. Would recommend it to anyone who hasn't done it yet or is thinking about getting one.

Also gave the car a full polish and clean so it's nice and shiny and the paintwork is baby smooth.

Used Poorboys Diamond Glaze and highly rate it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.