17K views 51 replies 12 participants last post by  TomB92 
#1 · (Edited)
Well after having several Vauxhalls such as;
- 69bhp Corsa C at 17
- 150bhp Corsa C Sri 1.8 at 18
- 300bhp GSi at 19
- 420bhp Astra Bertone at 20

Miss this car. Even if I did end up breaking it for parts! :(

[video=youtube;i4hpMs3I1L0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4hpMs3I1L0&list=PLqOOYkceUAxEdqjaJ16wJLbwTh8YVzmYZ[/video]

I decided I fancied a change and had always liked the R26's, so for a couple months I had been looking at them all over the place.

I found a lovely example of one off of the forum which I bought back in June ish time...

Very clean car with just a map on it making somewhere around the 260bhp mark however no printouts to prove this!

However it wasn't long before I got the moddinhg bug again as I said I wasn't going to do anything to it. But I love the sound of the exhaust on these so I had the middlebox taken out at Powerspeed down in Ashford. Followed by some subtle Wind Deflectors.

This then sounded great so had plans to do more however, someone managed to crash infront of me and I didn't really have anywhere to go and kindly parked on a metal bollard avoiding the other car. Wasn't a great impact etc but due to damages underneath from bollard, the wrote it off.

The car has now been bought by someone and looks like it someone is attempting to mis-sell it on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151156506976?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The car had quite bad floor pan damage under the passenger seat hence why it mentions the passenger seat being 'slightly twisted'. Also the engine had been pushed back and their is panel gaps on the passenger side of the bonnet where it meets the wing. So i'd avoid that car if someone was looking for a cheap project or an easy restoration project.

I then was back on the search for a new Megane. I really wanted a White one... So after shopping around, I found the perfect one. :)

58 Plate
57k Miles
FSH
4x Brand new Pilot Sports
11 Months Tax
10 Months MOT
1 Owner from new, retired man who used it for a bit of fun here and there...

Here she is, very clean car however the wheels could do with a refurb (after winter job) and theres 2 scratches on drivers side. (will be gone once weather picks up again for a nice machine polish)

But other then that I was very happy with the new Megane... V2.0

I drove it home on the Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning I booked into Maidstone Exhausts and had the middle box which I removed from the Blue Megane put back on to give it some noise.

Half hour later, jobs a good'un

Somehow ended up @ a last minute TX Autosport in Harlow and rolled a healthy 247bhp... Which didn't make much sense to me as the car is completely standard. (as far as i'm aware)

Graph to follow...

After being very happy with this, seeing as everyone else seemed to be rolling majorly under their predicted figures, I went off to a friends Birthday and had to keep telling myself that I wasn't going to buy any more parts for it.

Well things escalated quickly and after talking to a very good friend who used to have the jobs of playing with my Vauxhall toys, he soon managed to get me a bargain for a Nortec 3'' Decat. But opted out of fitting it... Someone must of had spoiled the surprise of how much a fun job they are to fit!

Anyway that arrived the following week and the morning after we collected it, off I went to ar friends house to fit the Decat. Hours, Dominos pizza and several suicide attempts later we had a Megane back in one piece with a fully functional decat!

Love the sound of it! Wouldn't want it any louder as I think it would be a bit too loud in the car for my own liking. Then I ended up ordering a Forge Recirc and Actuator which I'm still waiting for...

Hope to have it all done by about April/May 2014 but in no great rush, still enjoying the car how it is. :)

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
#6 ·
Forge actuator and recirc valve being fitted today whilst I'm at work. Pictures to follow later on.

Does anyone know where to get a good price for braided lines? And maybe front grooved discs and pads? As would like some new discs and some ferodo ds2500s.

#8 ·
Try eBay for the braided lines mate £57

http://bit.ly/1cVLEKr

Give JJC a call for the ds2500's , normally around the £120 - £130 mark

I'd go for ATE super blue fluid because it's only about £14 per litre , oh and it's Blue so easy to know when you've bled enough

Discs can be a personal choice , but plain Brembo HC discs can be had for around £67 on amazon ( search for 197 HC discs , they're the same )

Or if you like nice looking discs 330's look smart and work 😃 steep when new tho

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
That's a good price for braided lines think I'll snap them up!

Well I've got 330mm drilled front discs atm but they've got a little lip on them. Probably see me through winter then can get some new ones for when track time starts coming up again.

Forge sent me the wrong rod in the actuator so they're sending me out a new one which should be here today then I can pick the car up after work. :)

#10 · (Edited)
So I dropped my car off yesterday to have a Forge Actuator and a Forge Recirc valve fitted.

They sent the wrong rod with the Actuator so after a couple e-mails and phone calls, they agreed to send out another rod to arrive for the next day. It then arrived this morning so my friend could carry on with the car whilst I was at work.

After he had fitted both pieces, he must of got bored as he sent me a picture of some dodo juice and a microfibre. This was me assuming he was joking but when I picked the car up he had been kind/bored enough to of cleaned and polished the inside and outside for me. :D

#12 ·
I would just go to RS-Tuning for the map mate , after all you don't know where the map form the blue car came from .... it could be garbage :p

Paul has been doing it for years so i wouldn't risk having the first map off you mate .. it could cost you an engine which aint cheap .

And as for parts , genuine parts form ADS@Renault on here is you best bet :yes[1]:

#16 ·
Cars now been dropped off to Airtec so they can test their new intercooler on my Megane. :)

Free intercooler and fitting so hopefully all goes well!

Once that's all finished it'll be getting booked into RSTuning for some Injectors and a map! :)

#25 ·
That's £135 mate + any import taxes. I don't want to buy them and be the wrong ones that's all but if I can save myself some money I'd rather do it that way.

Airtec are keeping my car for another 2 weeks whilst they wait for some boost hoses to be made up by another company so I've got time to play with.

#26 · (Edited)
Little update.

Cars still at Airtec while they're waiting for my boost hoses to be made up. Then they can then finish the intercooler, fit the Air ram scoop and check it's all working before I pick it back up.

Pictures are playing up currently, although only have a picture of the car with a mock up intercooler on so far. :(

Luckily have no use for the car yet as I've redislocated my shoulder so it seems I've ended up buying myself lots of early Xmas presents!

Need to source some 630cc injectors, still not sure about: http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...330855501202&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13862919311128

^If anyone knows if they're any good or if after all the taxes etc is going to actually work out cheaper than RSTunings £240 offer then that would be great otherwise i'll just get them supplied and fitted when I go up there for mapping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.