CV Joint - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CV Joint

Share/Bookmark

Default CV Joint

Just got back from town with what sounds like a nacked CV joint.. horrid clicking from the drivers side when turning and accelerating

In the past i remember some have tried replacing just the joint and not the whole shaft..are people still doing this? and if so can anyone get a Renault joint or is there a specific non oem one that has worked?

Car
      225 F1 & 11 Kia Sportage

Hi pal, there's a few of us suffering this problem. Is it a tick/click rather than a knock?

If so, people have replaced the drive shaft and its not that, so hold off for now.

Paul

Check the clip first, they are famous for snapping

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

As above, I wouldn't be so hasty to change the shaft as I have just done and it's made no difference at all to the noise.

BTW the shafts are Renault only and I don't think you can get the CV joint separately. Most shafts you see are reconditioned ones.

Hi guys, here's a vid of the sound I took last night..sorry about the quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3a...e_gdata_player

Ive not long done my hubs and the noise started not too long after lowering the car. the shaft came off when the hubs were done, and all the clips/boots looked all good and theres nothing else catching.

I know you cant get just the joint from renault (grrr) but there has been people who have sourced and fitted joints only from what I can remember

What does it sound like to you? It only does it when turning and accelerating im thinking its defo the joint

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

Video is private????

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda73 View Post
      Video is private????
      Fixed it

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

Ok seen it now.

That's the same noise mine makes. I've replaced the whole drive shaft and its exactly the same, no difference at all.

There does seem to be a lot of people with this issue and AFAIK nobody has found a solution.

It drives me nuts and really doesn't inspire any confidence in the car. Every time I turn the wheel at slow speeds it makes me cringe and I find myself turning as little as possible to avoid it.

Beginning to hate this car TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda73 View Post
      Ok seen it now.

That's the same noise mine makes. I've replaced the whole drive shaft and its exactly the same, no difference at all.

There does seem to be a lot of people with this issue and AFAIK nobody has found a solution.

It drives me nuts and really doesn't inspire any confidence in the car. Every time I turn the wheel at slow speeds it makes me cringe and I find myself turning as little as possible to avoid it.

Beginning to hate this car TBH.
      Exactly the same?

Feel the same pal, just done a load of work and it still needs more. Im going to get it up on stands tomorrow to see where its coming from

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

Yeah sadly.

I've had a good poke round mine and I've a little bit of play in the steering but not excessive but I don't think that's connected. Trouble with putting in on stands is the wheel/suspension drops down and isn't under any load so hard to replicate the noise.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information