CV Joint - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CV Joint

Share/Bookmark

Car
      forged red r26

I had a noise similar to the one in the video a couple of years ago and it turned out to be my anti twist link being knackered, so might be worth checking there no play in them and the drop links...

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

Quote Originally Posted by steven878 View Post
      I had a noise similar to the one in the video a couple of years ago and it turned out to be my anti twist link being knackered, so might be worth checking there no play in them and the drop links...
      You mean the drop links to the anti-roll bar? If so, it's not that either as I've just had a new off side link fitted and it's made no difference either.

Car
      forged red r26

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda73 View Post
      You mean the drop links to the anti-roll bar? If so, it's not that either as I've just had a new off side link fitted and it's made no difference either.
      Nope i mean the small link from the swivel hub with i think its wishbone.

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      forged red r26

Number 4.

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

I thought maybe that's what you meant but you said, 'and the drop links'.

So you had the above item 4 changed and it stopped the noise, or did you have the wishbone (item 3) changed as well?

Car
      225 meg

In the past few months I've had hub links, drop links, wishbones, lowering springs top mounts all done to both n/s & o/s and I am also always getting this noise as alot of other guys are(clicking) and I thought it was the driveshafts to but reading some other posts thats not solved the problem

Could it possibly be the hub or even the brake discs, im clueless with this sort of stuff

also if I accelerate hard I get a huge clunk noise coming from o/s as if something is moving (worn) feel and sounds like its coming from the bottom somewhere??

Car
      was 172 ph1 | is R26

Quote Originally Posted by keenan225 View Post
      In the past few months I've had hub links, drop links, wishbones, lowering springs top mounts all done to both n/s & o/s and I am also always getting this noise as alot of other guys are(clicking) and I thought it was the driveshafts to but reading some other posts thats not solved the problem

Could it possibly be the hub or even the brake discs, im clueless with this sort of stuff

also if I accelerate hard I get a huge clunk noise coming from o/s as if something is moving (worn) feel and sounds like its coming from the bottom somewhere??
      Wow mate I feel for ya.

Did you have all this work done to specificly alleviate the clicking noise? If so, and it's obviously not worked, did you take it back and complain, or even get any sort of explanation from the garage?

The huge clunk you're getting could be an engine mount if it still does it without any steering lock on?

Car
      forged red r26

I thought maybe that's what you meant but you said, 'and the drop links'.

So you had the above item 4 changed and it stopped the noise, or did you have the wishbone (item 3) changed as well?
      No mate just the rotational link on my one that caused a similar noise, but if someone has replaced them and not sorted the issue then i guess it must be something else.

Car
      R26-RS

mines on the n/s

Ive changed Droplinks & Anti rotation link.

Driveshaft + Wishbones at the weekend

Car
      225 meg

Wow mate I feel for ya.

Did you have all this work done to specificly alleviate the clicking noise? If so, and it's obviously not worked, did you take it back and complain, or even get any sort of explanation from the garage?

The huge clunk you're getting could be an engine mount if it still does it without any steering lock on?
      No all they parts were replaced just to freshing things up at the front end because at high speeds the car felt unstable and uneasy if you know what I mean, but that clicking noise was there before I change any of they parts and assumed that it was the shafts so kind of put it off and glad I did because of others who have changed them and the noise is still there

as for the clunk sound, how do you check the engine mounts and where are they located, I could possibly get it into my work up on a lift if that would help, is there a bottom engine mount thats common to brake or be worn,oto describe the noise its when : say I pulled off in 1st quickly or even enter boost in 2nd thats when its extremely noticeable as tho its the quick surge torque moving something, then if I was to do an emergency stop (heavy braking) it happens again

paul

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information