Missfire? Fuel cut? driving me mental! - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Missfire? Fuel cut? driving me mental!

Share/Bookmark

Ok so this is the story now. Changed the air filter to K&n from piper cross because I've heard cotton works better in a standard air box than foam. When to the expense of changing 4 coil packs and plugs myself. The car is now perfect. Put the full beans superchip back on and it's like a different car. What it looks like is the coil pack dwell time deterioration over use time and use of standard or cheap crap fuel by the old owner. The dwell time is how long is takes for the coil to put the charge into the plug and then regenerate with enough voltage to make another one. So low down in rev range not too bad because the rpm is low but at high revs, lots faster rpm means less time between needing sparks out. So when you get up to high fuel loading points it can't cope, hence missfire only at that point.

Hope this helps someone at some point. NGK plugs are IFR7X8G and the standard coils are by Beru. They can be found aftermarket without the Renault badge on!

Car
      RS300+ Cup

Got a part number or a link for the coils?

ignore me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information