Megane Sport Forum banner

M235i

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  willbangor 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience or made the switch from a meg?

Have the opportunity to have one new at a very good deal, love the look and sound but am wondering, will i then miss the meg, is the meg alot more special...hmmm

#3 ·
Is very tempting, as it seems a silly deal to miss out on. £0 deposit and over 18months is the same price as the meg over 42 months with a few K deposit!!!

But..the meg is such a special car, great fun to drive and a real head turner, just wondering if id miss it and out the BM would compare.

#7 ·
They look amazing and go like the wind. Worth reading the evo write up on it though, not a great drivers car from the sounds of it. They also drove one back to back with an m3 which showed more flaws.

Trying to think of the issue of the mag, probably a few ago now say 196

#9 ·
I'll have to try and find it, or see if there is anything on youtube. The M sport cars are all supposed to be brill drivers cars, perfect weight balance and everything in the car focused 3 degrees to the driver for example.

I'll have to get him to bring one home so i can just have a go in it for a while and see what i think

#11 ·
Diff is an option, albeit an expensive one. I had a Megane 250 from 09/2010 - 09/2012 and have just bought the M235i.

BMW has better interior and engine imo whilst the Megane had better handling and driver involvement. Just depends what you are willing to compromise on. BMW is probably easier to live with day to day, especially with adaptive suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.