Burning clutch - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: Burning clutch

Share/Bookmark

Car
      OG cup 250

Default Burning clutch

Im in newquay at the minute for a week and was on a very steep hill stuck in traffic ,and my clutch was absolutely sticking i mean proper burning.was using handbrake while stopped but the hill was more of a mountain.

Probably shortened the life of it but will it still be ok to use as im on holiday ive let it cool down and its not slipping at all but while we was on the hill/mountain the clutch had to be helped out of the bottom of the footwell it stayed there while my foot was off it.
      But all ok now

Sorry for lack of knowledge and the way ive wrote it but 3g here on phones is non existant and took me over an hour to write this;hopefully it will get through to you all
      Thanks phil

Car
      Megane r26

Unlucky there Phil when I first picked my car up it used to smell a little clutchy like it had been ridden but since I've had it it's been spot on its on 70000 ATM and is fine so hopefully you will be ok

Car
      OG cup 250

Cheers mate ,first time ive ever smelt a burning clutch and worried me as im away in middle of nowhere really its took me 2 hours to say thanks haha.
      Going for a run now to see how it is

My car on 52k at minute original clutch

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Car
      Megane r26

Lol no worries happy to help if it has been driven hard all it's life it may be getting to new clutch time but if it's been looked after driven a built more sensibly then should be ok

Car
      OG cup 250

Been out and about today and all is good just crapped me up abit yesterday when the clutch stuck to the floor .

But still pulls hard without the clutch slipping which i thought it might of done

Thread Information