Megane 225 steering problems please help - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: Megane 225 steering problems please help

Share/Bookmark

Car
      megane225

Default Megane 225 steering problems please help

Hey,
      I brought a 2004 megane sport 225 since buying it I noticed when I brake the steering pull to the right almost like breaking balance wasn't right so I bled breaks and changed disks and pads it also seems to dance about the road a little bit when coming out of a corner I have changed the following parts

Ball joints
      track rod ends
      steering link bars
      tyres
      steering rack
      tracking
      disks and pads

I relised a tiny amount of play on passenger side wheel left and right but no movement in bearings or swivel bearing I have also just noticed for some reason its got 2 different front coil springs one looks to be coiled tight at the bottom the other one doesn't
      can any body help

Car
      MEGANE II GT DCI

is the with the bigger coil at the botom broken, check height from whell arch to floor at wheel center on both side and see,
      also check end of spring it should be perpendicular to spring wire diameter not at an sharp angle...

how many miles have you done on the current shocks absorber, i would suggest changing the fron shocks and springs to eliminate this as they have a massive
      part to play in handling especially when braking as the weight is transfered to the fron of the car

Car
      megane225

hey thanks for your reply i have checked the distance and they are both exactly checked both springs and they do not appear to be snapped i am going to replace both shocks and springs and see how it goes

Thread Information