Blow off valve - MeganeSport.net
Google Search
MeganeSport.net is the premier Megane Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Upcoming Events for the Next 14 Day(s)

Thread: Blow off valve

Share/Bookmark

Default Blow off valve

Hi guys, I have just got a 225, but did not notice during the test that the car was actually slow from 3rd gear ... So I had a look, and it appears it has a forged dump valve, and the piston in it is not moving, constantly stays opened ... is that something what can be fixed on the valve or it has to be changed ? I would like to be back to the genuine one, but can not find one ..

Car
      rs megane 225

can it split, could need greased up? i had an issue with one on my golf a while back and and it used to jam when it was hot and just needed some high temperature grease, but it just used to blow the boost out and not close or dump

Car
      meg 250

They should be able to be stripped down as the springs can be changed/upgraded to the next spring colour, probably either broken spring or needs greasing

4. Remove Advertisements
      MeganeSport.net
      Advertisements

Ok thanks, I have a look on that then. But even though, not a massive fan of the dump valve pshiittt, might try to get back to the factory settings ...

Hum I had a look yesterday, but was cold and dark .. anyway the spring looks good, so only need greasing I guess ? Which one should I use and where really ?

Ok after getting the dump out, it was very filthy and the piston out of his position, so after so clean up minutes and grease, seems to work properly when the car is stopped, let see tonight !

Thread Information