Megane Sport Forum banner

H&R Springs

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chris davidson 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
Have just fitted my H&R Springs 35mm all round from K Tec,

I have a knocking noise when I go over bumps, pot holes etc from front left, have checked all the bolts, drop links, top mounts etc but all are tight and okay,

Any ideas? I did see a post on here before with someone who had the same problem but no answer to the problem?

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Jordan

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Well this sounds familiar... Since I've had the H&R springs fitted on mine I had this knocking as well some time after fitting them (front right on mine though).

It buggered the hell out of me after some time. Checked all the bolts etc first, like you did .Changed the shock top mounts, but didn't help. I also thought about the hub swivel joints, but turned out those weren't causing it either. Then I had a lot of Renault mechanics taken a look at it, and the only thing they could think of were the shocks themselves.

They said that the front-right shock was internally damaged actually, and that the front-left one was starting to show similar symptoms as well.. Given that replacing two front shocks was nearly the same as buying the H&R Monotube Coilovers all-around, I decided to fit those coilovers.

After fitting those coilovers, the knocking noise was gone completely and couldn't have been more happier.

I wouldn't know if the problem got solved by fitting back the standard springs (it was a nice opportunity to fit coilovers anyways for me). Maybe the shocks weren't damaged after all but that the H&R springs are simply wrong. Anyways, I know of at least 4 cases now that fitted the H&R lowering springs and had this knocking problem.. I would stay away from them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.