Megane Sport Forum banner

Clio 172

7K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  Spy 
#1 ·
Won a clio 172 on eBay last night. I was bidding on it when I was in the pub after a few beers last night lol not the wisest thing to do lol.
Oh well picking it up tomorrow afternoon so pics to follow lol.

#12 ·
The one I just did for Alex didn't cost much to do things which would cost the earth on a mk2 meg and sometimes not possible.
Front camber bolts £16 ish
Rear camber shims £16 ish
Hoses, fluid and ds2500's all round
15" comp alloys new about £390
Cobra bucket drivers seat on cobra sliding subframe ready to bolt in.
Suspension was shot all round but he wanted to stay cup suspension so got all new of Ads with cooksport springs and new top mounts which where also shot and got Mark Black to fit them.
If your not a Clio man which I am btw, had 3 now... Note that the hole centers are different on the front suspension on cup pack to non cup pack cars so new suspension /coilovers need to be purchased accordingly.

Have fun, cracking cars with a nice soundtrack.

#20 ·
Took it out for a nice drive today... Wow it's slow compared to my stage 2 r. but it sounds quite good with the induction kit and comes alive over 5k. It's a while since I drove a non turbo takes a bit getting used to having no torque. Clio is quite fun in the bends and handles well but no comparison to the r26r. Brakes are good. Enjoying it so far and mpg is amazing I'm still getting nearly 40mpg driving flat out everywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.