Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys.

My Cousin has just purchased a face lifted civic type r, we tend to have mature conversations in regards to different cars and how they compare against one another.

I know that in a previous topic there was a list of cars that you guys had duals with on private strips of course.

How would a Meg 225 with cup packs compare against a type r, are they evenly matched throughout the gears, does the meg pull away due to the extra torque etc.

Both of us are looking to do a track day, i dont know when but we both think it will be very interesting, he has his views and i have mine.

I previously owned a 172cup which was rapid but the meg is different class the power delivery is smoother and certainly feels more planted to the ground and does feel quicker.

Any feedback would be great, sorry guys if this has been mentioned before.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you should have the edge especially on the move as the civic needs lots of revs to go quickly....
Around a track probably will be very little in it as nasps are easier to balance around the track and are easier to get the power down out the corners

·
Registered
693 Posts
i have cup pack one and wasted one through a roundabout and down an a road he was trying, as seen by the look he gave me when pulling up next to me at the lights as i was turning :lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Carl P said:
Didnt think the new CTR was out yet :?
He's just refering to the 03/53 (not sure when exactly) cars when they changed the lights and other minor cosmetic facelift adjusments to the Type-R...kinda like what they just did to the Megane :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had both. Just sold the ctr, now have facelift 225 cup.

If you are up and down the gears, maybe getting caught below the power in the honda...then the renault will win. If however, the civic driver gets the chance to keep in the power then I think the civic will slowly pull away. When I test drove the cup, I was a bit disappointed with the acceleration from (say) 70 on a straight road. You really have to watch it bouncing off the limiter. In addition, once in 4th / 5th you are straight into the meat of the power when really going for it...they just keep accelerating when the blower is running out of puff.

Compare the difference between the 0-60 and the 0-100 times. The civic is quicker from there. However, in the real world...very easy to get caught out. Especially in the wet...your trying to accelerate hard in 3rd...cant do it, drop into 2nd and all you get is wheelspin.

I once raced an ibiza cupra R...when I got it right, I think I probably could have overtaken him while he was trying his hardest...when I got it wrong, I couldn't see him for dust.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
The CTRs are damn rapid, but in the real world I wouldn't think it would make that much difference driving a CTR, Megane 225 or Clio 172/182!!

The CTRs peak power is at about 7k rpm isn't? The Megane's is a lot lower down so it would depends totally on the conditions and driver.

Great value for money cars though :D :D :D Shame about the suspiciously shaped gear nob though hahahaha

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I usually get the missus to warm mine up for me :D

My gear knob that is!!! :shock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts