Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what are you thoughts on a V reg Vectra GSI beating a 225. The owner recons it is chipped and he can do 175 mph.

·
Premium Member
12,190 Posts
175mph out of a vectra, Hmm doubt it mate, give it a go!!

You can only try!! :lol:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Ive seen a thread on my previous home (vvoc.com) about this. I used to have a V6 Vec before the Megane, no Vec will do 175 mph no matter what he says.

If Lotus could only get 175 out of a heavily modded Carlton, I doubt a chip will make the Vectra do it.

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
they are pretty sly them vectras, prolly not as quick as a 225 but remember that copper that got done doing 160 and got off with it? That was a vectra gsi!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jonseal said:
they are pretty sly them vectras, prolly not as quick as a 225 but remember that copper that got done doing 160 and got off with it? That was a vectra gsi!
Yeah I remember that it was the new shape wasnt it. The one in question is an old V reg one. I believe its quick but not has quick as the 225

·
Registered
104 Posts
jonseal said:
That was the newer shape, they're a 3.2 V6

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
159 mph to be precise and he had it on the go for a while im sure built up his speed through a village at 90mph apparently what a fukin idiot copper :x

due to gearing a veccy wont do more than thast speed. it does to 155mph fin a long enough motorway stretch with an incline and you would just see 159mph.

not really much to shout about, my dads m8`s C32amg can do 172mph as standard, near 180 with a pulley upgrade, im sure hardly anyone bothers with over 120-130 these days.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He probably means 175 kph, tell him to go to specsavers and get his eyes tested. 175mph my arse!!!!!!
Cheers Phill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts