Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is what i get from my r26 in the town is this right and thats with out putting the foot down . what r u guys getting

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Around town it is **** to be fair. My comute is through town and only several miles and I get 24.5 day to day. Used to be worse but I had running troubles. What's yours like on a run? If you reset the computer can you get into the 30's If keeping to 70ish?

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
23!!!! I get 29 doing 7 mile to work and 7 mile back every day, if I go on a long run out it can easily go into the 30's.

sent from my Xperia arc

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I'm about the same as you: average mid to low 20s in town / driving for fun. Can squeeze it up to 32-33 with cruise on the motorway at 70ish.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I get between 25 & 26 mpg on my commute (14 miles each way, along b-roads, with a miserable 24.5mph average :mad:). Nothing like some of the others on here get...

Like most others, the mpg isn't great around town, it does improve on a run though - my trips from Essex to Newcastle return just under 30mpg at a bit over 70.

·
Registered
144 Posts
crikey something must be wrong with my car then, driving sensible im seeing 18 on my drive to and from work wich is 4 miles each way. average speed is about 14mph when i picked it and on the mway i was getting 33 at 70 on cruise and abit better off cruise.

anything i should be checking? ive only had it a 4 weeks and i'm contemplating selling it as ive just got a dialy knocker and getting an r33 gtr for special use but i really like the meg.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
anything i should be checking?
My MPG was crap. I ended up getting new injectors, then a pump and finally a new lambda as mine was caked in **** so the car wasn't fueling right. Worth getting it checked out if your worried.

·
Registered
144 Posts
im deffinately concerned now. im going to give it a service the lad said it had just had one but its an easy one. then ill start chasing the poor consumption.
did the lambda throw a fault code up? thanks mj

·
Registered
144 Posts
i do enjoy it just dont want it to be a fault with car. if thats what it does and its healty im happy. if its that and unhealthy i want to know why.

as a side track can the exhaust system be dropped off in one piece easily? or shall i start another thread?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
It's about right mate. Nothing to worry about. We all have different feet. And they all lean on pedals differently. You have nothing to worry about. Don't bother chasing ghosts. My 1.4 na panda 100 does 34 on a good day. And if I pedal it I can get it into 20's round town.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
No fault code, just a rapidly fluctuating reading When connected to the clip. As bahn says though, could and probably is nothing. If your concerned then its a quick chec anyway.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts