Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a phone call from my dealer telling me that there's a recall due to some sort of electrical wiring problem in the engine bay.

The guy that rang me didn't sound like he knew exactly what it was but it sounded like part of the wiring loom has been found to be snagging on something in the engine bay, the recall is to install some sort of shield around that particular section of wiring.

Has anybody else heard anything similar?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to ring the dealership back to see about it getting booked in.

They wouldn't re-flash my ECU for something like this would they?? Don't want them wiping my remap!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When was the software update launched? My car was built in September of this year so may already have the update.

Either way, if I made a fuss and told them not to update the software it would only raise questions why!

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Here's a quote from one of the Renaultsport chaps on the RS forum

"This is a quality assurance campaign which affects approximately 50 Renault Mégane III fitted with the F4R engine. The operation involves fitting a protective sleeve to a section of the engine wiring to prevent any contact with the engine lifting ring."
These vehicles would have been delivered to dealers between August and November this year..."

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Just checked my 04 2011 car I can see what they mean it has made a rub and a dent in the loom against the lifting eye.
I have just gently re located the loom now 10mm away and keep an eye on it. It does have a slippery nylon mesh protecter on it so shoul;d be fine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.