Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I'm on the look out for my next car and the 250 is topping my list

Spec wise I'm after the main 5 as i would see it

Vis pack
Recaros
climate
RS monitor
cup pack

seems like it could be doable for my budget of £17k max but willing to give up climate as a sacrifice but the other four are a must IMO

looking at PH's and Atrader theres a few out there but yellow seems to the most common colour and unfortunately its the one colour i don't want lol!

Looking at pics and spec sheets some seem confused as to what the cars have and don't have, I need to know the key tell tale signs of the different options, like i presume a car with Vis pack will have the black surround in the headlights? Is there a way of visually telling wether a car has the all important RS monitor is the dash different in anyway?

any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Yellow is the best colour for the 250 lol , non have the black headlights surrounds unless they ve been fitted after market

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Hello mate, your best bet is to trawl the RS site which is quite concise with spec details;

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/megane250/Default.aspx

The headlights look a lot different when you compare xenon with the base spec ones though wouldn't say there was a black surround on the xenons, here's a photo of mine with them;

The RS Monitor is tricky to spot visually! You'll spot the satnav as its a nasty looking (IMO) square screen display on the top of the dash centre. The monitor screen is a lower curved affair in the same place but if the monitors not fitted or satnav the curved screen stays and is used for the radio/clock display.

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
regarding the lights I'm referring to the inside of the light units they have a black plastic rather than silver, obviously the projectors also help but some photos its not that clear

for example

non xenon car

car with the vis pack

·
Registered
250 Posts
Xenon's have dark grey housing, Halogen have silver.

You can spot a cup pack easy enough as it will have red Brembo's

RS monitor is a hard one.

Recaro's and easy one

Climate has a different looking control face with no round knobs.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers andy does look a good un just don't think ill be able to knock £1k off the price but would depend on the trade in offer for my Mini GP

im also hoping that a capsicum Red one will pop up! fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
The only way to test for the RS monitor is to try to turn it on :)

Press the two triangular(ish) buttons on top of the control stalk on the right side of the wheel and the disclaimer should appear on the screen. RS Monitor functions are all in there.

Vis pack includes the DRL's and the Xenons, but the DRL's can be had seperately too. Best way to check is to look at the lights as mentioned above.

Cup cars all have red calipers. A full fat + cup with have leather seats and red brake calipers :)

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
is this theory true? if you have the monitor do you get renault sport on the radio display?
if you don't have the monitor you just get renault?

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
if you dont have the monitor the screen displays the radio info, if you turn the radio off you get the time and outside temp displayed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Revive this if i can

can somebody list the spec difference between a bog standard CUP vs FF with Cup pack

after a quick search i managed to find

Cups lack the keyless entry and can't have climate control?

is there a difference in the interior quality like on the 200's i.e. worst steering wheel/cheaper plastics

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
tyre pressure monitor
tunepoint stereo
electric heated leather (only if you don't have recaros)
auto headlights and wipers
electrochrome rearview mirror
duel zone climate
hands free

interior is the same iirc except the seats are a different material and recaros are only material in cup can't have leather

without the monitor the screen just says renault when you get in the car

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tyre pressure monitor
tunepoint stereo
electric heated leather (only if you don't have recaros)
auto headlights and wipers
electrochrome rearview mirror
duel zone climate
hands free

interior is the same iirc except the seats are a different material and recaros are only material in cup can't have leather

without the monitor the screen just says renault when you get in the car
cheers for that mark much appreciated

Regarding this RS monitor, I've just rang up a dealership regarding a car and I'm unable to explain to the guy over the phone, how he will know if the Monitor is present as he is very unsure.

The jist is if the car has the monitor as soon has he steps in the car "Renaultsport" should appear on the screen if it doesnt then it has no monitor!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts