Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rs tuning hybrid is bigger. We checked this the other day while mine was on the rollers. :)
I see a few 250's with a hybrid coming soon
What would that mean for power and torque outputs throughout the rev range? IIRC the hybrid 225's run 300bhp @ 0.8 bar where as the 250's are pushing more boost to hit the same power. Would a bigger turbo (hybrid in this instance) produce more power throughout the rev range? With it runing at a lower boost would it put less strain on the engine.

I'm off to find some graphs...

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Mate going hybrid and running less boost pressure won't lower the strain on the engine. The volume of air being pressurised and forced into the engine will still be greater than the standard unit, due to overall size of the turbocharger, compressor housing, compressor wheel, etc.

Might be interesting using a 250 turbo with the 15t and giving it the hybrid treatment ;)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Might be interesting using a 250 turbo with the 15t and giving it the hybrid treatment ;)
Interetsing to see how long the engine lasts ;)

Cheers Steven. I wasn't sure If It would make any difference running less boost.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the 250 turbo it`s a perfect fit for 225/r26.... we have one megane in Romania that runs with this curent setup :)
What's the spec of that car Chuckie, Any power graphs I can look at?

What would the bigger cartridge mean Steven? Remembering I'm only looking for 300bhp but If I can get it on to biger power sooner all the better. Reading in to what you were saying Lee sounds like there wouldn't be much difference unless you were going for more than the 15t turbo can flow.

Don't suppose anyone know what other cars the TD04-15t is used on just so I can see how much there selling for on ebay. If a hybrid will cost me circa £700 I could be better off with the 15t blower and keeping my 14t to return to stock when I come to sell.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
that scroll place seem to know what there doing
Yeah, too bad there in the US. I might contact them to see how much they would charge to upgrade my turbo.

I was also planning to get some quotes for turbo upgrades in greece and serbia. I think that labor might be cheaper in serbia.

Can someone recomend some turbo shop thats in eastern Europe?

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
i dobt you will get many replys as normally we search for people in england only, i didnt know they were in the u.s.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Cheers Jocco.

I don't know Steven. Mite be an idea for you as you'll need a different manifold anyway. I'm only looking at direct swaps though and not sure that would be. Looking at this ebay listing the fella states 'great upgrade for the TD04' so perhaps it is a straight swap?

Sounds like the bigger the 't' number the more it can flow. If the 15t can flow 300 on the RS250 then surely the 19t should do more than 320bhp as they said in that link? They say the 19t is the biggest compressor available for the TD04. I'm guessing that's what's fitted to the hybrids? Could you just not buy an off the shelf TD04-19t and save yourself the rework costs?

I'm wondering what to do now If all the TD04's are a straight swap. I wont be pushing past 300hp on the OE rods and pistons so may aswell just go with a 15t unless I can pick up a 19t for the same price?

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I have no doubt that the few companies that offer turbo upgrade (K-tec & RS Tuning) here on this forum, know what there are doing, but since the price of labor for machining the turbines is as high if not higher then the parts used, I'm hoping to find a decent shop that will do this for a much cheaper price.

As I said I have two contacts in my neighboring countries, but was hoping to find a few more.

I'm hoping some member from bulgaria, turkey, croatia, slovenia, romania or maybe hungary will reply. Any further than that and the shipping costs will be too expensive.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
MJ, I'm considering doing the upgrade to my turbo to get some more hp especially in the higher revs.

But I doubt that all turbos from the TD04 family will be a direct swap to the megane manifold. Will need to do some research on this.

My goal is to reach 300hp with upgraded turbo, 630 cc injectors and maybe the stronger rod bolts. I dont want to open the upper part of the engine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts