Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my arse completely kicked by a meg 250? there was three people in the car but he over took me like i was a zetec-s? i pulled up next to him after and he said it was completely stock no map or anything, to say the least i was rather embarrassed? yeah i had 150kg of extra weight but he completely left me for dead from 2nd gear to 5th? i cant beleive how fast it was has anyone else experienced this with a 250? (p.s im going to renault tomorrow to get 250) lol!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
3 people is your problem. 150kg is abit pesamistic imo If we are talking adult males. More like 240kg. I've noticed even carrying 1 passenger and a boot full of houshold junk the car doesn't pull anywhere near as well. They R26 seems easily effected by weight IMO. If your is standard he'd have around 20-30 hp on you aswell.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well yeah theyre not full grown adults there lighter than me and im 13stone just over 80kgs so yeah 240 in total, but honestly i couldnt beleive its blistering pace, he even missed a gear change cos i heard him bouncing off the limiter and he said he thought his fuel had cut off lol and he still got away!!! thats it now no passengers just in case lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yeah maybe he was pullin my leg, he tried making me feel better by re assuring me im lucky to have a megane sport at 19 and being able to afford to run it! lol it didnt make a difference im still ****ed off now haha!

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think the low pressure turbo in the 225 just doesn't have the balls to lug weight around. mine feels sluggish with more than just one passenger in the car

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah mynes not mapped ive been in contact with matt but the roads are gona be lethal for the next 2 or so months so i decided to leave it for now as im not 100% wether im going to keep the car aswell, an s3 is on the horizon :) (maybe)

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
nah mynes not mapped ive been in contact with matt but the roads are gona be lethal for the next 2 or so months so i decided to leave it for now as im not 100% wether im going to keep the car aswell, an s3 is on the horizon :) (maybe)
i used to have old s3 in the meg and my boss has a spanking new s3 and thats not fantastic + all audi drivers are tosser :)

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I think the low pressure turbo in the 225 just doesn't have the balls to lug weight around. mine feels sluggish with more than just one passenger in the car
I almost always always have one passenger in the car and when there not in it feels so different.

If yours wasn't mapped Joel and you were carrying an extra 240kg you didn't have a chance lol. The 225/r26 isn't all that fast standard.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
3 people is your problem. 150kg is abit pesamistic imo If we are talking adult males. More like 240kg. I've noticed even carrying 1 passenger and a boot full of houshold junk the car doesn't pull anywhere near as well. They R26 seems easily effected by weight IMO. If your is standard he'd have around 20-30 hp on you aswell.
Completely agree with this.

Had a play with a mapped 250, a guy off here, from rolling he drove away 2-3car lengths to 4th gear speeds, quick cars!

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I raced a remapped 250 and was surprised how well my meg held to it.

Mine is a remapped 225 with a de-cat, BMC CDA filter with CAF and my boot was completely stripped, I just had the rear seats on.

The 250 was great on the start, but once I put 3rd gear he stooped gaining away and we ended up with a car length between us until 230kph.

So a remapped 225 isnt a slow car, but weight surely affects it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts