Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spotted a rumour on the web that they have increased the production run from 500 to 1000.
Anyone know if this is true?
thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Would be very wise of them, the 250 is too cheap in comparison to it's rivals. The 265 is very expensive, comparing it to the 250, but for Renault it probably doesn't matter much when it comes to production costs. So for them the Trophy is a great way of increasing their profit, without risking that people will be put of by the higher pricetag, because those people can still buy the 250. :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
There will only be 50 for the UK.
hope this stays that way , i brought a golf gti edition 30 a few years back on the promise from vw there would be only 1500 in the uk with no imports whats so ever they went on to release nearly 3000 and opened the gates to endless imports , i was ****ed off as you can imagine

·
Premium Member
3,763 Posts
the poverty spec of the 265 still confuses me...but anyway, with the Focus ST and Astra VXR on their way I suppose renault will need to up the bhp.
horray for depreciation!!!!!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I would be surprised if the cup next year isnt 265 as standard to keep up with the new crop of cars ( ST / VXR )

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
the poverty spec of the 265 still confuses me...but anyway, with the Focus ST and Astra VXR on their way I suppose renault will need to up the bhp.
horray for depreciation!!!!!
Same. I don't understand the lack of Xenons and leather.

It'll have to be 265, the new Astra looks pretty impressive. And with the suspension from the Insignia, it looks like it'll handle pretty well too.

·
Registered
758 Posts

It'll have to be 265, the new Astra looks pretty impressive. And with the suspension from the Insignia, it looks like it'll handle pretty well too.
its a vauxhall , it wont handle at all , and spend most of its time at the dealers being repaired or having re calls done ...
im not a vauxhall fan !!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would not call a lack of leather and xenon’s poverty spec, both do nothing for performance and this car is a performance car, when was the last time you saw a race car with xenon’s and leather?

To be fair xenon’s and leather are an option on most cars on the market, cars costing twice as much still lack both in base spec.

Xenons would make it seem a bit more premium though, especially at the price you pay, leather on the other hand is not the best for fast drivers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
When i was signing the paper work for my new 250 the sales person said there is apparently going to be a 280bhp meg after xmas, i wasnt given much details by him but said just watch out for it hmm... dont know how true this is but could be true?

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
When i was signing the paper work for my new 250 the sales person said there is apparently going to be a 280bhp meg after xmas, i wasnt given much details by him but said just watch out for it hmm... dont know how true this is but could be true?
Theres 2 key words in your sentence: "Sales Person" Usually the last to know about a new model. Nothing has been announced to the media regarding this and my little spiders have told me nothing on the power increase in the facelift yet. A feckin idiot to tell someone ordering a car about another new model. Duh!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts