Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my car will be due a 4 year service in the next few months... i will be getting quite a bit done such as new tyres, upgrading the brake pads, lines and fluid also.

i'm also wanting to get better oil in the car other than what gets put in at renault dealers so just wanted to see if anyone has used / uses the following and give me some advise on whether there is better stuff to get:

ran the search on the castrol website...
Castrol Edge Fully Synthetic 5w-40 (Engine Oil)
Castrol Syntrax Universal Plus 75w-90 (Gearbox Oil)

Racing blue 5.1 Brake fluid or Motul RBF660 (brake fluid) --i can't find racing blue anywere on the internet--

...i think spark plugs will be due to be done also... which are the best??

I think that's all i know of to be done but if i've missed something out please enlighten me...

one last one... has anyone used R-Sport in wimbledon? ...what is the service like there and quality of work??

thanks in advance
C.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just want to put the best stuff in the car... so far this is my shopping list... is there anything i'm missing that will need to be covered during the service??

Castrol Edge Fully Synthetic 5w-40 (Engine Oil been told this is the best stuff to put in?)
Castrol Syntrax Universal Plus 75w-90 (Gearbox Oil)

Racing blue 5.1 Brake fluid / Motul RBF660 DOT 4 (not too sure what's better been told racing blue is the best) can anyone explain (in basic terms) the different between dot 4 and dot 5.1 ... which is best? i know one has higher boiling points than another??

Goodridge Hoses
Brake Pads DS2500

Michelin Pilot Sport 2 235/40 18 tyres

Spark plugs
Pollen filter
Oil filter

i'm trying to get an idea of what i should and shouldn't get... and how much of this stuff i'm going to need.

i've normally taken it in to renault and asked them to service it but they put the normal oil in there thats in their pumps so i want to give the engine better oil and better everything really....

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the naivety... just not very mechanically minded in knowing whats the best stuff out there... and meganesport is my megane bible :)

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
try opie oils for the fluids mate the rbf 600 is ample for road and track use IMO and cheaper. also the engine oil a few use pro race s ester oil which is cheaper than castrol and good stuff also the problem with castrol is it comes in 4l then you have to buy 2 1l ones which bumps the price up. lines and pads should be fine.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Renault spec 75w80 for the box oil, 75w90 is "wrong". The motyl stuff seems decent. Google opie oils if you haven't used them before.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Also Dot4 and Dot5.1 brake fluids are different. If I remember correctly, one isnt suitable for using in the meg.

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your advice gents... Will be speaking to opie oils in the next few months to place my order :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts