Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed something while flicking through this forum, there doesn't seem to be a thread specially for the 5dr Megane 3, I can't be the only one on here to own one?

Anyway i'm starting to do the body up a bit nowt stupid just fitting the WS body kit already fit the boot spoiler which I love but thinking this year might go for the rest of the kit

Oh and one other thing why is the 5dr near £2,000 less than a 3dr?

·
www.rsmegane.com
11,432 Posts
there is a section 'non renaultsport range' for the amounts of posts and interest this forum would cover it i feel. however the sites undergoing a massive overhaul during the next few days so watch this space.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We have just bought a 5-door (starting a family) but will be looking at doing some changes. We originaly looked for the new Astra but when we spotted a 61 plate 1.6.

Eventualy i am hoping to have a RS250 powerd 5-door ut first will be some subtle changes to the body, going to go for the GT tinted heaad lights, slightly lower it and get some nice Black 18's

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
We have just bought a 5-door (starting a family) but will be looking at doing some changes. We originaly looked for the new Astra but when we spotted a 61 plate 1.6.

Eventualy i am hoping to have a RS250 powerd 5-door ut first will be some subtle changes to the body, going to go for the GT tinted heaad lights, slightly lower it and get some nice Black 18's
I may be mistaken, but I do not think it's the GT headlight itself that is tinted. All the megane 3's share the same headlamp. The only variation is xenon and non-xenon. The non-xenon have all chrome silver housings and hence don't give a dark look, and the xenons internal housing has some black which gives it a tinted darker look.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
The black housing comes with the xenon headlamps. Below are a few pics. One pic of the original non-xenon headlamp I had which you can clearly see has no black housing and as a result it does not give any kind of dark tinted look. Then there are the pics with my xenon headlamps and you can see what a difference the dark housing makes on the overall look. It makes it look darker and tinted.

Heres the pics:

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
are they expensive? also would the rear bumper skirt you have fit mine?
I think brand new they cost around £280 each. Thats without the ballast, the bulbs and the fixtures. I purchased a second hand set complete with the bulbs and everything for £260. Also, I think I may have been mistaken because I think there is 3 different headlamp variations, non-xenon with silver/chrome housing, non-xenon with black tinted housing, and xenon with black tinted housing.

Regarding the rear bumper skirt, the bottom section should fit onto yours but you will also need the fog lamps to go with it and the diffuser aswell and also a custome exhaust fabrication. have you seen the world series rear skirting for the 5 door model?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Il be happy with the non-xenon with black tinted housing, not seen the world series rear skirting for the 5 door model who supplies them?

This is it in all its glory

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Here is a link to a 5 door megane with world series bodykit on it. The rear bumper skirting is nice but if i was doing that I would have to make sure the silver trims on the bumper are modified to actually link to the exhaust so that its more meaningful

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
That does look nice. That's an RS250 front bumper with a custom wing. Thats the best solution to get the RS250 bumper on the 5 door hatch. The RS250 front bumper is wider so a custom wing will definitely do the trick :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Matey, Im looking for a world series spoiler for a 5dr as mine has cracked. Where did you get your kit from?

BTW: Renault don't stock them anymore and Renault uk have told me they never will again!

Jon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts