Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was not sure whether to post this in the detailing section, but seeing as I haven't taken any process pics thought I'd share a few in here instead.

All taken on my phone, so quality not great but okay. Once I finish i'll break out the proper camera and get some decent shots.

I'll also be open and say that I run my own detail business part time, or should say I used to until a life changing health issue last year where I decided it was better to spend time with family on days off between shift work than being away all the time doing cars. It's more of a hobby now doing friends cars.

Since getting the car past week I have been gagging to get it cleaned and see what it was like, and tbh the dealer done a serious hash of the prep but managed to hide a few marks. All easily fixed but not impressed with the sponge jockeys they employ, anyway here are a few pics from in my garage.

I'd washed, iron-x'd, de-tarred and clayed. Cleansed paint with Werkstat prime on DA, then two coats of trigger and two coats (so far) of Swissvax shield.

photo by evojkp, on Flickr

Not the best pics, but i'll get some proper ones soon. It was just too blinkin cold today to hang about too long to do anything.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
The results look great! Only thing i hated about my Focus RS in white was having to clean the bloomin' thing! Im not sure whether it'd do it on the Megane, but dont forget to take the rear plate off and clean under there, maybe it was just the RS tip design where they point up, but so much soot and crap from the exhaust would coat the rear of the car. It gave the paint under the plate a yellow taint!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts