Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a trip to Paul @ rstuning yesterday for a power runs, so with Paul setting up all the equipment my car went on the RR and a couple of runs later my little meggy kicked out 220bhp with just a air box mod, tbh I was slightly disappointed at the time with me having myself convinced it would be more, but looking back it's not to bad, with Paul leaving me to decide for ten minutes what to do and Paul having a quick bite to eat, I decided on a remap.

A remap and a couple of runs later and this is what was achieved...note that I was running really **** petrol and Paul advising me to use v power for better gains.

Really impresses with it and with Paul saying use better fuel and it will increase the bhp ever so slightly.

Just like to say a big thank you to all at rstuning and Paul for all his help.

Oh and with Paul's meg having work on it, it's looks to be set for a really good year. ( shame I didn't stick around to see it on rolling road)!!
and would love to know how it went??

Cheers again Paul.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well pleased with it and Yeah totally different mate.

Would like to give her a few more bhp what could you recommend?? I would love a decat but I don't know any friendly testers.

Paul got it up to 255 but the petrol was seriously poop.

Am I reading it right with around 275-280 ftlb

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There you go I knew you would like it mate
I no mate I live it. But need to run this **** petrol down and put some v power in,
My misses has took it to work with her :( I have to get her exhaust fixed.

All I need now is your exhaust. :)

·
Premium Member
2,959 Posts
Yeah you need to run good fuel through it all the time, especially now it's mapped!

A de-cat is the next mod if you don't want a full exhaust system on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know mate. What's the increase in bhp with a decat? And were do you take your to be teste??

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
You will need another map again Jacob work out how much £ for the amount your going to get and then the MOT hastle, I wouldn't bother mate , do a couple of track days instead it will be a lot more fun mate

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You will need another map again Jacob work out how much £ for the amount your going to get and then the MOT hastle, I wouldn't bother mate , do a couple of track days instead it will be a lot more fun mate
I know and it's all money. Did you speak to your mate about the exhaust steve?

·
Club Member
7,528 Posts
Yes he's happy to do of for you said it would be about £80 for the reducer work and the centre box out but he will have to look at your tips to see what he can do with them but it will sound the fcuking nuts mate.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
very nice flat torque delivery.I'd be very happy with over 30 hp/ 50lb/ft gains.
Expect close around 260 and 290 lb/ft with 99 octane fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts