Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well thats the longest run i have done with the r26 aberdeen to london and back just over 1000 miles . car handled it no bother at all down and back quite happy with it . and it was comfy also not to bad on the old ass i must say . now to give the car a right good clean as the sun is out

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Good to hear..

I just did a Milton Keynes to Durham and back (about half what you did) and mine also performed like a trooper

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a fair run from thurso . as to aberdeen roads they r pish i have seen nothing like it anywhere else .

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
The R26 does munch the miles on a trip like that.

You can also play about with the Fuel Computer and see the MPG go up for every 5mph you drop off your speed.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Thats the one, it is an excellent run in the R26 & even better in the 250, it may be twisty but pretty much every corner on it can be taken at 60mph safely and there are some huge straights, its proper name is Causewaymire but everyone pronounces is cassymire. Like all the local roads no fixed speed cameras either and only a few plod.

Road that links Thurso to Latheronwheel.. about 26miles long, open, twisty... nice!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Agreed Castlehill!!!
It is indeed a fine road.

I wont be up in Thurso until Next September / October... If I still have the megane, I'll look forward to that 30min drive!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i no where this is i been on this road when i used to go to scrabster to fix the lift on the ferry st old . am i right in saying the road is where all the pete bogs r . there is a lot of good roads up that end of scotland . there is a long road between wick and thurso its long and straight the longest i have ever seen . u really need to see it for yourself

·
Registered
293 Posts
Been thinking about this... the only downsides for me are

1) Lack of super unleaded..
and
2) HORRENDOUS cost of fuel up that way!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Tis' a trophy in NIMBUS grey... I'm from Manofield (beside cults)... car has yellow foglights and standard megane alloys at the minute.
What about yourself?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
martin do u have the short shift fitted to your car . i would not mind testing it out can i have a drive of your car mate

1 - 20 of 30 Posts