Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some technical advice.

The ABS and Stability control failed on the race car last year, a diagnostic report come back that it was the rear wheel speed sensor for the ABS and the one in it was reading a false speed.

We pulled it out cleaned it up but it still returned so I went ahead and ordered a new part, we fitted it and went for a drive and the fault is still reading.

Has anyone had any experience with this??

What is required to remove the fault code other than a simple clear on a OBD port reader and clearer??

Do Renault need to reset this with their software.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
What was the exact fault code and which sensor did you replace? Renaults definition of left and right changes depending on which car you are working on. (sitting in it/looking at it)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It read right hand side rear ABS speed sensor, was reading ridiculous speeds.

May have to get it to a scanner and re test.

Was just seeing if anyone else had had any issues and wanted to know if it should reset automatically with a new sensor.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Speed is usually read from passenger front wheel
Although we've had a few in with faulty modules but not on the sports

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
There is a speed value from every wheel. The speedo may well work off a specific wheel but the ABS/ESP is monitoring them all.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FYI.
The ABS fault was a rear wheel speed sensor and when a new one is re installed it will reset the fault automatically after driving a few meters.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Could it be the ABS ring found on the back of the disc?
I've just had the same problem where a ocuple of nicks in the ABS rings caused the ABS / Stability warning lights to illuminate. repalced the discs, fault gone!

To check the ABS sensors themselves, use a multimeter and measure the resistance (ohns) it should read approx 1200ohms.. anything else is a faulty sensor.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that is the most common cause of a ABS fault on the Megane's. Mine was rear wheel speed sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts