Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, after weeks of flaffing about, i've got to sort 4 new tyres. Can the Yokohama AD08 be used as an everyday tyre? not too bothered about wear. Are they ok in wet conditions? Gonna be doing a few more trackdays this year so was after something decent for road and track. Any advice welcome.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
In damp warm conditions you might get them to work well,I wouldn't want them on my car during the winter months though.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
mine have griped fine all winter, slippy in snow, all tyres are except winter tyres, very cold damp days you loss a bit of grip but again you will with any tyre this time of year except a vary good all season tyre or a winter tyre, all summer tyres loose grip under 7deg, oh and i do drive it hard, all on a B road over a mountain too.

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
What is the point of spending money on a HP road/track tyre,then using it during the Winter months when it can't reach temperatures to work properly

·
Registered
254 Posts
Im really only concerned with how a tyre works on the track. I don't drive my R26.R in the wet and definitely not in the snow and even if i did i wouldn't expect anything more than crap to average road handling/holding. I am definitely keen to know though how other tyres compare to the R888's on a dry track at full chat. I have just replaced the fronts with R888's and have the same on the rear - and so far, on the odd dry day ive driven my car, I'm very impressed with the levels of grip and how manageable a slide is to control once it does break away. But as i said i would love to know if someone has previously had and rated the R888's and then moved to another tyre and feels the new tyre is an improvement - again I'm only interested in dry track use.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
What isz the point of spending money on a HP road/track tyre,then using it during the Winter months when it can't reach temperatures to work properly
Cuz thore tyres that are on in December and jan wen its belowt 7deg r the same ones that are on for the other 10month when they do work, and as i said there more than gd enuf in the winter

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Im really only concerned with how a tyre works on the track. I don't drive my R26.R in the wet and definitely not in the snow and even if i did i wouldn't expect anything more than crap to average road handling/holding. I am definitely keen to know though how other tyres compare to the R888's on a dry track at full chat. I have just replaced the fronts with R888's and have the same on the rear - and so far, on the odd dry day ive driven my car, I'm very impressed with the levels of grip and how manageable a slide is to control once it does break away. But as i said i would love to know if someone has previously had and rated the R888's and then moved to another tyre and feels the new tyre is an improvement - again I'm only interested in dry track use.
I will chat to you about this at bedford mate, clarki can put some input in aswell as he will be running my old michelin pilot sport cups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts