Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may know that I have a similar exhaust setup to AndyB's old 225 which basically involved the backbox being removed and replacing it with a straight pipe. Anyway its been done for months now and I'm well pleased with the sound of the car but the other day my boy racer days came back to me and I removed the parcel shelf so I could here the exhaust more clearly..........f*ck me what a difference, you can really hear the air being forced out of the tailpipes in everygear. I'm totally addicted and just cant resist booting it everywhere again now, trouble is its costing me a fortune in petrol :( :D :( :D

·
Founder
8,209 Posts
whats it like at low speeds just pootling about m8? I'm deffo having myine done but I cant decide weather to have a backbox or not, really dont want it too loud just pulling out of the drive etc, but love the noise it makes at higher speeds. I've been out in Andys but I was pissing myself so much at the noise it makes I forgot what it was like at the lower speeds hehe

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest mine seems to have an echo'y/hollow/metallic sound when cold. Once its warmed up then its very subtle at low revs, sounds awesome when you give it some. Dont know if mines a similar sound to Andy's but its very raughty, you really can hear nothing but the air being forced through the pipes under full throttle. Tick over is just a nice rumble :D I'll try to get some clips this week :D

·
Registered
693 Posts
iam gutted was supposed to be having mine done today, left it there an hour later lad from place had come to the job i was on saying that they couldnt do it as the last bend was to tight and his radius bend was 4 inch so it would mean the tips i had picked would have been stuck out 4 inch from the body kit :cry: so iam going to give blueflame a bell and see if they will take off the rear box of there system

·
Premium Member
14,297 Posts
asmith225 said:
Some of you may know that I have a similar exhaust setup to AndyB's old 225 which basically involved the backbox being removed and replacing it with a straight pipe. Anyway its been done for months now and I'm well pleased with the sound of the car but the other day my boy racer days came back to me and I removed the parcel shelf so I could here the exhaust more clearly..........f*ck me what a difference, you can really hear the air being forced out of the tailpipes in everygear. I'm totally addicted and just cant resist booting it everywhere again now, trouble is its costing me a fortune in petrol :( :D :( :D
it gets even better wen you take the lot out :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts