Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I set my OEM HID's up so they level slightly higher but still pass the MOT? I can see them auto level when I start the car up but would like to see abit more road when driving.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
You would have to put them on a beam setter and see if they are set to the highest level or not. You won't get much as the tolerance isn't massive.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's another idea not worth pursuing.

Just seems when driving at any speed the lights are literally lighting up whats sat right infront of you.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Both level sensors working? (the front one almost indefinetly won't be but they work ok without it)

You should be able to see fine with them so something isn't right or you're expecting too much.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know B, How do I check? On start up I can see the beam auto leveling. It kind of goes up 2 or 3 levels before stopping.

I can see fine when pootling about town but when putting your foot down I can see hardly anything. I'll have to try and find a level road and see exaclty how long the beam is throwing.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Need Clip to find out. Thats strange with the speed thing though because they should raise above 30-40 mph (can't remember off the top of my head).

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bollox, I've not long returned my clip. I'll try and get them checked when I get my 5yr service done next year. They definately don't seem to raise any, even when doing 60+.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was driving home late last night on an unfamiliar road and really do need them sorting. Following another car was fine but when they turned off I could see nothing. Do you really need a beam setter to adjust them then? I've just had my MOT and the guy got something the size of a big cctv camera on a mount with a convex glass lens on the front and put it at the front of the light. Is that a beam setter? How much would I be looking at to set them up properly?

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
To do it right you need a beam setter. Otherwise you may go too high and blind people coming the other way. That's the sort of thing that you described before. It's literally 5 minutes work. If it was me I'd prob do that for nothing/pint. Depends how nice your local garages are. Any MOT place can do it.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers Jonesy. I'll have to pop and see them 1 night and see what they suggest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts