Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I have a 2008 megane R26 which has a coolant leak coming from the back hose on the turbo. The pipe is made of metal.
The place I have taken it have tried changing the 4 copper gaskets but it seems to have made it worse.
I have ordered the metal pipe section itself (£60 odd quid + VAT) and another gasket set (£13 odd quid)

I was hoping that someone might be able to spread some light on what the issue is.
The car slowly loses coolant but never overheats. I can smell and see the coolant in traffic coming in cabin and the steam from under the bonnet.
It runs out of the metal coolant pipe and onto the exhaust.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Metal pipe should have been done in the first place and make sure the turbo side of things the face has been cleaned

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
i had that last month, was having smoke coming from underneath the bonnet from time to time and the smell was horrible, turned out to be the return hose of the coolant pipe underneath the turbo was leaking from the sills but the problem is changing the sill didnt make it so i had to change the hose and sills and now its fine, but the coolant is engine oil so its nothing to play with.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
Lemonnobby - What would you suggest to do to clean the turbo face? Don't really want to take the turbo off the car if possible. Those four copper gaskets are tricky to keep in place!
Sam225f1 - so it was the metal pipe that was leaking? The one with the bracket attached to it?
Hopefully I can get this sorted tomorrow. Just got the part today.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Might take it to the Renault minute thing today then to get a 'quote', what (so i am informed) will then need to replace if its the pipe (i.e rubber seals, washers etc)?

is it the block here (15) that is causing the issues?:

·
Registered
91 Posts
is the block (with the 2 bolts) and the pipe a single piece, with the washers under where it mounts the tubro?

Is this doable myself (im ok with spanners, had the engine out and in a e36, and most of the rear axle etc), did a fair bit on the clio (upgraded the suspension) etc etc.

If looks to me like you just need to take off the rubber pipes (off both ends) undo the bolts, clean the face, and re-assemble in the correct order (if there is one), and its just the pipe + the gasket kit you need (i guess you can reuse the bolts)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just had mine done. All fixed!
You don't need to buy a gasket set as the pipe came with the 4 brass gaskets stuck on.
Taking my gasket set back. (£13 odd for four copper washers!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's the metal coolant pipe which is attached to a bracket that's changed. Cost about £75ish for the part.
Cost me £45 to get fitted from a local man who does up VW's. Running like a dream again now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts