Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, i have been to look at 2 Liquid Yellow ones today. I noticed that when looking that they both seemed to have a different shade of paint on the rear quarter to what's on the door. It seems too much of a coincidence for both to be like that. I wondered if this some characteristic of this colour. Also both cars seemed to pull to the left also under light acceleration. I decided not to buy any of them as they weren't what I was looking for, maybe its me been a bit fussy. I shall continue my search for a LY Megane R26.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I would say that LY is a very unique colour, and that in places it can vary slightly in the way it shines, reflects or just generally looks. It can rely totally on the sun, shade or other factors such as what's close by, but it does sound strange that they were both on the rear quarter.

Can someone confirm the painting process for LY at the Dieppe factory? I thought I read that some of it was done by hand? Could be totally wrong.

Did you do the £1.50 text check to see if they had been involved in any kind of accident?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, i never got that far . I had already decided the first one was a bit tatty in places and the second one, whilst very nice condition needed service/cam belt/front brake pads and the naff radio removing along with the parcel shelf which had speakers and wires everywhere. The cost of this would have been over a thousand pounds. I am pretty sure the salesman would of never reduced the car by that amount.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Did you do the £1.50 text check to see if they had been involved in any kind of accident?
HPI check (and those texts aren't a HPI check) won't show accident damage/repair. Only if its been written off/stolen/outstanding finance, and beware the text checks don't show outstanding finance which is probably the one to be worried about the most!.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am getting very impatient in my search for a LY Megane now as the two of which i rang up about this morning have been sold within the last couple of days. I am now going to look at a red one in a dealer on an 08 plate for 9k with 40 on the clock out of curiosity. I have never seen a red one before so should be interesting.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
£9k for 40k miles - bit expensive! Hold out for what you want IMO. Took me ages to find mine and I'm happy I waited.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes i thought that too. I will be offering around 8 and a half if the car is A1 condition like the salesman says.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts