Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

Just a quick question to anyone who has done any aftermarket body changes.
I'm looking at changing my Front + Rear bumper on my 1.6 Megane 3 door dynamique to get rid of the awful faded grey trim.

Has anybody had any experience with www.carstyleplus.co.uk or tried fitting the below kit and had any major difficulties??

I'm planning on buying Front or Rear and doing 1 at a time, just wanted advice really and anyones past experiences if applicable.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
+1 to the above ^^^

Looking at picking up girls in max'donalds car park??

Sport bumpers would look better, they are just terrible!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sorry to sound harsh, but I agree with these guys, they are disgusting. looks like a blind chinese man trying to copy the sport bumpers... Do not like it...

Persivere, look on Ebay you will find the sport bumpers.

Kojak.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Warren, unless you've seen the parts in the flesh to vouch for their quality and fit I wouldn't bother, the pics look like photoshops....
+1 for second hand sport bumpers.....

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
The chinese came from top gear... about them copying cars made elsewhere... (not a racist remark lol..)

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Meganes do look better when modified tastefully. Mine has had loads done and it is not to everyones taste but its subtle.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mcdonalds is the place to be.. No really.

On a serious note, I just want rid of the grey trim and can't find anything that won't need 100's of other modifications.
Instead of demeaning a decision I haven't even made yet would anyone mind linking me to anything they would recommend?

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
Righty oh then here we go with the old marmite bodystyling thread ,
I had this kit on my 1.4 extreme when it 1st come out , its made by Ibheard design and was well made and easy to fit although has said it didnt come with any mesh , I then swapped it for a 225 replica kit from carzone was ok but I wish i'd saved my money and got a proper renault bumper set
GRP is not as good as proper plastic has it cracks over time .
as soon as my insurance dropped and I could afford my 225 it was good enough for me
Bottom line its your choice chap theres gonna be people love and hate it ....
cheers shippo

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the constructive post!
I appreciate that they're lower quality which is why I havnt bought anything over the last 6 months I've owned the megane. This was ideally just to get advice on suggested suppliers so I could try and find a higher quality replica set as its proving difficult to find!
I I could afford the ridiculous insurance id have bought a 225 but until that day comes I'd like to make mine look a bit nicer!
Cheers

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This has basically been my mentality thus far, don't waste £300 to have them break in 2 weeks.
Anyone have places they would recommended searching for 225 bumpers? I shall keep an eye out on here too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts