Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, i've brought some of these projector headlights with a HID kit, coming out the bottom there are four wires which i suspect will be for the halo rings which will ovbiously need splicing into the sidelight wires of the wiring harness.

My question is my car has the adjustable headlight level, on the back of the new lights i can see the adjuster so do i have to detatch the motor from the current headlights or what lol, and when i do work out how to attach the motor to the new lights how easy is it to calibrate or will they be already set to a standard height?

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On mine I found the motors wouldn't fit on. I had to manage with em fixed.
Bugger, what make did you have mate? i've gone for the ultra ones, just wondered if you had the same ones? am i on the right lines with the wiring of the halo lights?

Are the motors easy enough to get off and do they clip onto the back of the lights or are they bolted? sorry for all the questions lol.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Not sure what make mine are. Iv had em 3years now. The motors twist & pull off from the oem lights. The aftermarket ones have a screw to adjust the light height. The wires are for the halo's but I never connected mine.
Cheers lee

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what make mine are. Iv had em 3years now. The motors twist & pull off from the oem lights. The aftermarket ones have a screw to adjust the light height. The wires are for the halo's but I never connected mine.
Cheers lee
So i probs wont be able to get the motors onto the new lights as they have a threaded screw sticking out to adjust. Saying that tho theres nothing on the screw. Suppose i wont know till i get them on. They should already be calibrated to the correct height tho shouldnt they?

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Bradders.
It appears I was wrong. The motors do fit. Twist & pull the screw fittings out & put motors in. Easy really. When I looked 3 years ago they looked like they wouldnt fit.
Cheers lee

·
Premium Member
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bradders.
It appears I was wrong. The motors do fit. Twist & pull the screw fittings out & put motors in. Easy really. When I looked 3 years ago they looked like they wouldnt fit.
Cheers lee
I had a look last night. Twisted the cap for the adjuster and pulled but it didnt want to budge. The whole lense was moving lol. Looks like its gonna be a pain in the arse haha. Ive got 2.5 hours ramp space. Hope its enough lol.

Could you pm me your num if you dont mind mate. Incase i get stuck lol. Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts