Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if its worth replacing the air cleaner on my Megane Cup.

I am not sure if K&N or Green make one, but if they do .... is it worth the cost.

They sell for about $120-160 Aussie $, thats about 45-50 pounds.

I have done nothing else, and dont want to do much more (new exhaust maybe).

Has anyone just changed the filter and noticed any improvement ?

Thanks

Dom
 
G

·
Dom,

Glad you ade it back after the site went down. During winter last year I put on a pod filter (HKS style) and I'd have to say the power may have even decreased a little. Although it sounded amazing, it felt like it lost a little tourque. If I set things up properly (ie ran a cold air pipe to it), things may have been different. I'd hate to think what it would drive like now in the heat.

Its a cheap and good way to sound nuts and is fairly easy to change back to std, come service time.

Cheers
Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andy bassett said:
im running a K&N panel filter and it seems to make a slight difference on pull away, also run a new air feed to the standard air box from the front bumper so its got alot better induction.

this be the one i got.
Hey Andy,

I dont want to a new air feed, do you still think its worth it?

i had one in the Clio and it made a slight diference .... but since is so cheap i thought it would be worth doing.

Dom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Andy,

Do you have a part number for the K&N filter, the local guy cant find it in his book.

Thanks Mate.

Dom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dom said:
andy bassett said:
found it, its KN-33-2849
hey Mate, thanks heaps :D
I rang the local importer an they dont bring that into Australia ...10 weeks delivery! can you believe it.

Mind you if i want to pay an extra $150 Aus on top of the price of the air cleaner i can have it in two weeks.

Anyone use a Green Cotton filter ? i may be able to get it here faster than a K&N.

Dom
 
G

·
Dom said:
Dom said:
andy bassett said:
found it, its KN-33-2849
hey Mate, thanks heaps :D
I rang the local importer an they dont bring that into Australia ...10 weeks delivery! can you believe it.

Mind you if i want to pay an extra $150 Aus on top of the price of the air cleaner i can have it in two weeks.

Anyone use a Green Cotton filter ? i may be able to get it here faster than a K&N.

Dom
Dom,
Have a chat to paul at AutoParis. He should be able to get a green flat panel one in for you. 03 98908822

Cheers
Dave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
David Shearer said:
Dom said:
Dom said:
andy bassett said:
found it, its KN-33-2849
hey Mate, thanks heaps :D
I rang the local importer an they dont bring that into Australia ...10 weeks delivery! can you believe it.

Mind you if i want to pay an extra $150 Aus on top of the price of the air cleaner i can have it in two weeks.

Anyone use a Green Cotton filter ? i may be able to get it here faster than a K&N.

Dom
Dom,
Have a chat to paul at AutoParis. He should be able to get a green flat panel one in for you. 03 98908822

Cheers
Dave
hey mate, thanks, already sent him a email ... he had no stock.

Thought i might try a K&N this time, but it looks all to hard ... just might get one from Paul.

Dom
 
G

·
Dom said:
andy bassett said:
im running a K&N panel filter and it seems to make a slight difference on pull away, also run a new air feed to the standard air box from the front bumper so its got alot better induction.

this be the one i got.
Hey Andy,

I dont want to a new air feed, do you still think its worth it?

i had one in the Clio and it made a slight diference .... but since is so cheap i thought it would be worth doing.


Dom



Where did you get the panel filter from? Had a look on the K&N website but they only have induction kits for about £93. How much was the panel filter?
 
G

·
Had a look at that link, thanks.

Found a couple of local suppliers. No one stocks the part, disadvantages of not having a common as muck car! :lol:

It'll cost about £38 and take 3-5 days to appear.
 
G

·
Update - Just ordered from Revolution Performance Motors in Newcastle. They'll have it on wednesday next week and it cost £38.99
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Green Cotton

Hey Guys,

Well since the K&N guys here in OZ wanted to take 12 weeks to get a filter in for me :shock:

I had a look for the Green Cotton filter, so if anyone is interested the part number for the one to suit the Megane 225 is 950382, its about 40 GBP.

This is the french site, but they have a UK office as well.

http://www.green-filter.com/va/accueil.html

Dom
 
G

·
Re: Green Cotton

Dom said:
Hey Guys,

Well since the K&N guys here in OZ wanted to take 12 weeks to get a filter in for me :shock:

I had a look for the Green Cotton filter, so if anyone is interested the part number for the one to suit the Megane 225 is 950382, its about 40 GBP.

This is the french site, but they have a UK office as well.

http://www.green-filter.com/va/accueil.html

Dom
Dom, did you order direct from the french site or through Australia? Still thinking of doing something like this or re-designing the standard airbox to fit a pod inside it.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top