Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening,

So, when pressing Auto or setting a manual fan speed/temp etc, the fan doesn't seem to respond. I feel heat from the vents but absolutely no-air. Then after a little while it starts going as normal!

I did notice this evening as well that at certain fan speeds I feel a vibration from where I assume the aircon fan unit is... nothing too rough sounding but definitely not what I'd call normal.

Any ideas? Haven't had it re-gassed recently or anything like that. Temperature wise it's fine (both cold and hot - when its working!!)

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I notice on the 250, with the Auto setting the fan doesn't come on until the system is up to temp. Takes a couple of mins. Are you sure you've giving it enough time given the cold weather?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the same when manually setting the fan speed and temperature - just non-responsive. Plus, it's also been much colder than the last couple of nights (has been +5/6c) and has worked fine (lowest I've used the car in was -5c and it worked fine then)

Also, and in regards for the system coming up to temp, it's been the case that the issue often occours at the end of a commute, so the system has been working fine for most of the drive and then toward the end, it just stops... and then comes back to life 5 mins or so later.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
It is either:

1. Faulty fan or something has fell into the heater and is jamming the fan.
2. Faulty PWM control pack (controls the fan speed).

The heater fan wants removing as a first port of call see what is in there and what its actually doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts