Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
I'm very close with the company and so far there is no info on the date or if they will make any of those at all... I'm going to the factory in about a week and I will ask about it. I will keep you posted. But you have to know that at least 4-5 months is minimum for developing such a product.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm very close with the company and so far there is no info on the date or if they will make any of those at all... I'm going to the factory in about a week and I will ask about it. I will keep you posted. But you have to know that at least 4-5 months is minimum for developing such a product.
Thanks for that I look forward to your update mate. Needless to say I'm in no rush for one (will have to save up to start with lol) but would def get one, especially with the switch system.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i would really like toknow this awell, at the moment i am thinking of getting a scorpion or a remus for my christmas present, but i am really undecided with what to do, for months now i want a exhaust but not sure which one will suit me, i even write to Akrapovic, and the say they weren't going to make one coz they have a lot of demands from bigger car brands.......

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
if they will offer switchable exhust with really quiet run in "quiet" position for my long trips but going to "crazy" mood when i want that exactly what i am after :)

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Actually it doesn't sound overly impressive tbh. I was expecting big things but was pretty disappointed :(

No way would I have paid that money for!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
I took a few pics at the IAA this year

I think for the 1M it's around 5000 pounds or so.
I prefer the sound of my TT RS,with factory sports exhaust fitted

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Actually, I also find 370's exhaust to be nothing special... But that's an exception... Just check the clio RS or Porsche GT3. I drove or have been driven in several cars with Ak's exhaust, including GT3, M3, GT-R, Clio RS, 335i,... all sound spectacular.

Really looking forward to their exhaust. As for the price - they adjust it to the price of the car. Clio's exhaust cannot be as expensive as 370's or Ferrari's, so I assume, that if they would make one for Megane, it should be around 1-2KEUR.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think they're worth the cash tho. Really nice systems, head and shoulders above anything else.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
some weight savings there which are quite reasonable for the money. TI for r26.r was 2390 eur option, don't forget

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Actually, I also find 370's exhaust to be nothing special... But that's an exception... Just check the clio RS or Porsche GT3. I drove or have been driven in several cars with Ak's exhaust, including GT3, M3, GT-R, Clio RS, 335i,... all sound spectacular.

Really looking forward to their exhaust. As for the price - they adjust it to the price of the car. Clio's exhaust cannot be as expensive as 370's or Ferrari's, so I assume, that if they would make one for Megane, it should be around 1-2KEUR.
Was quite shocked after hearing the 370 exhaust,, it sounded pants lol.

I have no doubt at all about them sounding epic on other cars! YouTube has some great vids but nothing can compare to real life sound <3 also, the build quality is exceptionly good. My mates fitted perfect first time!

Out or interest and slightly off topic, any personal views on the evo x system? Mine is screaming out for an uprated exhaust lol:)

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
More to the fact that the 370z is a v6and thus being more of a balanced engine it (like the 350z before them) doesn't really have a sound. I'm around the 370z race cars run by Nissan Europe all the time and they sound terrible.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
the clio system is just over a grand from the uk dealers
ouch!!
thats isnt so bad actually , once my Milltek for me Corsa OPC/VXR was between 800 or 900 what i remember, so if for the Meg will be up to 2K for switchable exhaust i think i will be going fo it :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts