Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have an 05 plate 225 rs, it has the lux pack. Should the alarm beep when locking, also I tried to set the alarm off by sitting inside for 40 secs or so but the alarm will not go off, it has the intrerior sensors ? i am baffled !

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
As far as I can remember it doesn't beep when you lock the car.
To set it off get in the car, lock it by pressing twice and stay still for 1min so that the volumetric alarm set then if you move about it should go off.
You can do the same thing but have 1 of your windows open an then wave your hand through the window and it should set it off.
Hope that helps...

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I know for sure you can do the window thing as i have tried this myself on my own car but i just can't remember how. It probably won't work anyway if like you said the alarm doesn't go off when your moving about in the car.
It could be the battery like Lee mentioned above.
Might be worth having a look in the alarm booklet if you still have it.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Alarm can be switched to beep/not beep, disconnect/reconnect the battery within 3 seconds will turn it on and off. There is a delay from the car being locked to the alarm arming of around 1 minute so make sure you wait long enough. The alarm led that tells you all this is present in the rear arch with the alarm unit itself.

I have done all of that and nothing plus I can't leave me window un done coz if I press the key twice the window goes up automatically lol :-D
Don't press it twice then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.